What's new

What do you think of these suggested system changes?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If it's so good why are KF and Batgirl players not using the current bounce cancel mechanic? Oh that's right, because it's 2 meters and it doesn't do shit in practice.
I was saying it would be stupid to have it at one bar, some characters would even more stupid.

batgirl does not have a mixup she could use MB f3 in and if she wants to spend a bar she'd spend it by making her vortex do more dmg.

Feel free to correct me, but I see the bounce cancel being useful when:

1)When a string has a gap (the armored bounce cancel can blow up any attempt to interrupt it). For example, it's the equivalent of Subzero doing 2,1 and knowing the opponent will interrupt it, can do a bounce cancel to punish any attempt of poking out of it.

2)Making unsafe strings safe

3)Providing more frame advantage on a poke or normal. You can do a normal into a bounce cancel. For example, batman's standing 3 into a bounce cancel. It's not a combo, but does provide more frame advantage. I can see this being helpful when trying to close out a match. (unless your opponent has pushblock)

4)For creating a 50/50. For example batman's 123 string ends in a low. With a bounce cancel you can make it an overhead (can be fuzzy guarded though).

5)Give character's more combo potential and variety. For example Bane/Cyborg. Although, I'm not sure how much bounce cancel's scale however.

You can also dash out of a bounce cancel as well. For example doing a string, a bounce cancel, then dashing away or toward the opponent. I'm not sure how useful they are now, but they could prove useful in the future as matchups become more known. If they were to be 1 bar, we would first need to see how the following would effect each character.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Literally the only time I see someone bounce cancel is on accident.... so yeah making it worthwhile somehow would be nice.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I'd buff push-blocking, make it push them out further or give more frame advantage, but it should cost 2 bars.

Then again, I would change A LOT of system mechanics in IJ.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I'd love bounce cancels to cost 1 bar of meter.

If I can't have both; give me a pushblock that leaves an opening to combo the opponent. Putting both of us back at a neutral position is definitely a waste of meter.