What's new

What do you think is the likelihood of Johnny & Sonya being playable in MKX?

CNBFTBGB

Noob
When Cassie was revealed, I kind of assumed that she'd replace both Johnny and Sonya, but now that I've thought about it and seen much of her gameplay over the year, it seems like they could still be in the game. The only trademark move she has is Johnny's nut punch, but the rest of her moves have more in common with Stryker than either of her parents.

Also in some interviews, Johnny and Sonya have been hinted at, so I think they could make it in the game as playable characters. Personally, I would like to play as them in MKX, because they were the characters I used the most in MK9. I'm not ready to let them go.

As far as Johnny or Sonya performing fatalities on Cassie, I think NRS could edit the post match outcome to not have fatalities, and to instead show one of the parents of Cassie pat her on the back, then say something like, "go home, kid. this is too dangerous for you."

I could see this being Sonya and Johnny's final MK game, since they'll age in the story and probably be too old to fight in future MK games. Maybe in MK11 she'll fully replace Johnny and Sonya.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Her shadow kick and up shadow kick have written Johnny Cage all over the place, and in her brawler variation she has Sonya's MS~grab, also her air grab is Sonya's but of course they can still be in the game...

RemainSolid

It don’t always be like it is... but it do.
They should just remove Cassie from the game and add Johnny Cage since Cassie is so damn lame. Hopefully Sonya dies in the story and isn't playable either.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I hope to see Johnny Cage return as I really liked him in MK9 and if they make his ending in that game canon, he has some badass potential. As for Sonya, I hope she is brutally killed off at the beginning of the story and we never see her overrated ass again

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well there's this from a couple of months ago talking about Cage, don't know about Sonya being playable.

Dark

Noob
The fatality thing was never problem, he was kidding. MK has had family members kill each other all the time.

As for them getting in, I think it's only be one of them playable, and I'd prefer older wiser Johnny with a cool beard over 50yr old Sonya with her saggy breasts hanging out of her bra less vest

1. Since when Cassie is MKx's protagonist?
2. To all the "fuck the classics, bring new blood" people, does it really bother you if the game has BOTH generations of characters so we can ALL be happy? geez
Well I think most people's concern is do we want a full roster of the chars we've been playing for the past 20 years?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think they both will be in, Cage was confirmed by a NRS guy in an interview iirc. Also, I have this bad feeling one of them will be the Jan 2nd revealed char. ;_;

Well I think most people's concern is do we want a full roster of the chars we've been playing for the past 20 years?
We can have a mixed roster. MK has way too many iconic characters to discard them… there's a reason we play them these past 20 years.
NRS also seem walking in the right path with the 4 new ones so far. Can we stop crying now?

I always thought of Johnny and Sonya being LAME, and totally hated them in MK9. But.. they are MK. Need to be there. At least one of them.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I never understood the issue of Cassie performing fatalities on her parents. Why was it never an issue with Kitana and Sindel/Jade, Liu Kang and Kung Lao, Sonya and Jax, etc.? True, not all of them were related, but I doubt they'd be killing each other in the most brutal ways possible either. People think about this too much, it's a fighting game. Who cares?

We can have a mixed roster. MK has way too many iconic characters to discard them… there's a reason we play them these past 20 years.
NRS also seem walking in the right path with the 4 new ones so far. Can we stop crying now?

I always thought of Johnny and Sonya being LAME, and totally hated them in MK9. But.. they are MK. Need to be there. At least one of them.
I'm not crying, just saying new characters bring new possibilities which I think is what people want to see. Paired with no reveals forever I think has people on edge.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I would rather see new characters.
we can't deny that the new characters are cool af
I think they both will be in, Cage was confirmed by a NRS guy in an interview iirc. Also, I have this bad feeling one of them will be the Jan 2nd revealed char. ;_;
Hinted at and comfirmed are two different things.