What's new

Question What do you think are the hardest MUs now?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I would think the CSZ matchup is 5-5. Is it 6-4 in GM's favor?
CSZ has good zoning tools than Sub Zero, and those are his ice beam and the iceball bombs. If he was in D1 phase, he would beat GMSZ (saw Madzin's CSZ against Nivek's Raiden). If it was a CSZ vs GM back then, it would be indeed 7-3. Now it's 5-5 to 6-4 in GM's favor.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Winnner on the left
Sub vs Jax
Sub vs Kotal
Mileena vs Cyrax
Reptile vs War God Kotal
Sub vs Smoke
Ermac vs Sub
Predator vs Jax
Predator vs Kotal
Sub vs Cyrax
Sub vs Outlaw Erron
Tremor vs Sub
Mileena vs Sub
Sonya vs Sub

Wigy

There it is...
Dragon Breath and Bartitsu. If played well, he can beat GM.
I can see no reason Dragon breath is a bad matchup for GM.

In fact i'd say its really bad for bo outside bartitsu

Curious to hear your reasoning

Last edited:

Tanno

I can see no reason Dragon breath is a bad matchup for GM.

In fact i'd say its really bad for bo outside bartitsu

Curious to hear your reasoning
If you had played @PND OmegaK 's Dragon Breath Bo Rai' Cho, you would know why.

If you get cornered, Bo will jump out/dash backward to do the fart to prevent you from getting out of there with jumping, so he just rushes down to do the next combo. What's worse, he has the flaming floor as DOT to punish you even more.

Ice Klone is useless against his flame breaths. His fart acts like Sub Zero's Ice Klone to keep him safe. You'll want to get centered as long as possible to stay out of the corner. If you find the chance to freeze him in center, throw him to the corner, and keep zero point klone in check to prevent him from charging out of there. GM is worst only in center, so...

edit: forgot to add the sumo stomp. Not only it destroys IK, but also forces you to restand from being down.

Tanno

Kano doesn't win GM. Cyber may be 5-5
I don't know. I faced Kano only 2 times, so I don't have much experience against him. I still have a problem against his fast knife throws.

Wigy

There it is...
If you had played @PND OmegaK 's Dragon Breath Bo Rai' Cho, you would know why.

If you get cornered, Bo will jump out/dash backward to do the fart to prevent you from getting out of there with jumping, so he just rushes down to do the next combo. What's worse, he has the flaming floor as DOT to punish you even more.

Ice Klone is useless against his flame breaths. His fart acts like Sub Zero's Ice Klone to keep him safe. You'll want to get centered as long as possible to stay out of the corner. If you find the chance to freeze him in center, throw him to the corner, and keep zero point klone in check to prevent him from charging out of there. GM is worst only in center, so...

edit: forgot to add the sumo stomp. Not only it destroys IK, but also forces you to restand from being down.
i disagree. But if @PND OmegaK wants to explain i'll be open to idea. I saw him play in birmingham and he was filthy. Dudes actually the reason i picked up bo rai cho.

All the things you've said are true to an extent but i mean his regular stomp doesnt trade well with ice ball and is super reactable if hes not sitting firing ice balls. Only useful on full screen read of IK.

Does like 5% on OTG After the patch now i think. struggling to recall some stuff cause i havent played properly in a few weeks

Flame breath is useful in this MU, but if i remember correctly it doesnt directly destroy clone unless you get hit blocking.

Considering its a high and not very quick, do you really wana be standing next to the clone.

His d4 low profiles f1 which is a total fucking pain, means you need to hitconfirm pokes like a jedi.

Bo doesnt have any vaguely reliable antiair vs sub except bold as fuck njps and s4 which u need a bar to convert off properly.

His corner game is filthy. But its filthy against everyone basically. You have better options than a lot of characters and i still think sub controls the neutral a bit better.

God send in this mu is ex belly in the corner.

I played this MU most often prepatch so maybe its a 5-5 now, before it was at least 6-4. Bo could not get in for his life.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Definitely
Sad case of still not having achieved balance.

My brand new source of hatred is Jason. The variation with the armored highmidlow grab that you can't break, jump or block in any way other than backdash on a read maybe. Dis fucking gusting and then he does a 40% combo by pressing the same 2 buttons 3 times, safe 5f d1, long range overhead that's + on block, kitchen sink, bathtub, built in heater, etc.

Wigy

There it is...
Need to run sets with a decent GM and see how bad a list MU is.. Was around 6-4 before and now sub is better and a list is way way worse

Could potential be aids now.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sad case of still not having achieved balance.

My brand new source of hatred is Jason. The variation with the armored highmidlow grab that you can't break, jump or block in any way other than backdash on a read maybe. Dis fucking gusting and then he does a 40% combo by pressing the same 2 buttons 3 times, safe 5f d1, long range overhead that's + on block, kitchen sink, bathtub, built in heater, etc.
Game is pretty close to balanced imo. With literally 100 different play styles, it is inevitable for there to be some hard counters. I'd take the great variety over perfect balance tbh.