What's new

What do you play MK on?

I switched from a CRT to an 40" LED TV I recently got, and my god it's terribad. I can do stuff sub optimally not to my liking, and I can feel somethings off in training mode and that's only offline. Online the delay gets much worse. Really considering picking up an Asus in the future, what do you all play on at home?

For example, this TV doesn't let me connect Jax's last jab in his midscreen combo in time before the dummy falls down, unless I time it extra early at almost max height. So dumb. -.-.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I switched from an LCD TV to an Asus and I definitely recommend it. All your training at home would definitely help more when you eventually go to a tourney.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I played on an Asus. Before I got one, I played on a non-HD, standard Toshiba tv. Big difference when I switched between the two.

I switched from an LCD TV to an Asus and I definitely recommend it. All your training at home would definitely help more when you eventually go to a tourney.
Yeah man, that's all I've played MK on is a CRT, and this boggles my mind how laggy it is, even with game mode on and 420P set Xbox.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Used to play on a 55" LG plasma. Now play on a 24.5 " HP monitor (I forget the model, but it's 1080p) with a 3ms response. It made a huge difference.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Just a standard LCD 22" running the game at 720p, honestly I've had no problem adapting between monitors at different venues as long as they're all the same.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I play on a Samsung monitor with 2ms delay. It's very good, but older and has no HDMI input so I have to use an adapter to plug it into the DVI port. My Xbox can use the VGA adapter and that works well also. Both options do not increase the delay.

I used to play on my hella old 35" Tube HDTV (Yeah, an hdtv that is a tube tv lol), but it has hella delay. It is only used for single player games like Skyrim now.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
48 inch CRT TV. I also have a 18 inch monitor with 5ms delay that I use if my family is watching TV. the difference is not too bad, but absolutely noticeable. I can see how playing on a monitor with like 8ms would be horrible. I used to play Guitar hero at a high level, if you think it is bad for MK at least you do not have to worry about audio video lag :(

I play on a Samsung monitor with 2ms delay. It's very good, but older and has no HDMI input so I have to use an adapter to plug it into the DVI port. My Xbox can use the VGA adapter and that works well also. Both options do not increase the delay.

I used to play on my hella old 35" Tube HDTV (Yeah, an hdtv that is a tube tv lol), but it has hella delay. It is only used for single player games like Skyrim now.
I have a computer monitor that I'm thinking of hooking up Xbox to temporarily until I get an Asus, this comp is from like 05-06, so it doesn't have an HDMI either. How do you get your audio to work? I looked at the Adapter from GameStop.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I play on a real laggy Samsung TV because I was kicked out of my room away from my lag free Sony 32 inch tv :(

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

samsung monitor (didn't want to wait for an Asus in the mail) 2ms response time, HDMI cable. Karried do you have your PS3 output set to 720? that might help.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Surprisingly, playing on my Polaroid HDTV isn't too bad. I was strictly CRT up until like several months ago, and the HDTV has not caused me any sort of actual problems. Which is weird.

You can try to turn off all post video processing (edge enhancement, 120hz, etc.), though I would suspect that this is what game mode does. Try doing it manually though and see if it improves. The difference between playing on a large LCD tv and something like an ASUS monitor is night and day. If you have some extra money, I would get one for sure.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Ever since my birthday from 2011, I've played on a 36' x 24' high-definition Sharp TV, with resolution reaching up to 1080p. I used to play on a normal TV, but even after making the switch I experienced no difficulties with input delay whatsoever. I could even play online just fine, save for if the connection is horrid. Weird.

NariTuba

disMember
ASUS VH238H 23-Inch 1080P LED Monitor 2ms

PS3 with output set to 720p

Feels great, the only complain I have about this monitor is the cheap plastic menu buttons.