What's new

What do you guys think of the switching out characters to do extra hits and combos sort of like MVC?

Graveyard

Superb
Regretably, yes. On GGPO in fact. It's a mess of infinites and broken characters.

If the game at least LOOKED good, not like some photosensitivity epilepsy generator, I might let its hyper-kinetic messiness slide. But I can see no redeeming aspects of this franchise beyond fan service. And even thus is a bit of a fail in MvC3 - Modok? RE characters? Boinic Commando?! o_0

Gen Wii, please... >_>
Well you are entitled to your opinion. I will not try to convince you otherwise because I really don't see the point.
Also, what does this mean, "Gen Wii, please... >_>"?

Graveyard

Superb
What I meant was do they allow tag modes in tournaments or just one on one, Sablicious said it's all bs more or less but he sounds like he's played it. I'm sure you have too, just wanted opinions on that.

MVC3 was played at a fight event about a month or 2 ago in Atlanta, I'll see if I can find the vids.
It is not a mode, that is the only way to play. 3vs3

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Damn, I have to play it again I could have sworn you could decide between singles and 3 vs. 3...forgot it was mandatory...shit lol that sucks.

Graveyard

Superb
Damn, I have to play it again I could have sworn you could decide between singles and 3 vs. 3...forgot it was mandatory...shit lol that sucks.
Not really, contrary to what Sablicious said, marvel is one of the most fun fighting games I have ever played. I guess if story is important to you like it is Sab then you might not enjoy it. The depth is hard to see at face value but when you get past the simple stuff it gets pretty competitive. It is a very different game then any other fighters. Definitely not for everyone.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not really, contrary to what Sablicious said, marvel is one of the most fun fighting games I have ever played. I guess if story is important to you like it is Sab then you might not enjoy it. The depth is hard to see at face value but when you get past the simple stuff it gets pretty competitive. It is a very different game then any other fighters. Definitely not for everyone.
lol no I think you misunderstand what I meant, I didn't say the game/series sucks...I'm saying that sucks that they don't offer you an option for just one on one...but mandatory of having 3 vs. 3..

MK9 and DOA for example, you have the option to do either. That's what I meant ;)

I know what you mean though, my two friends aren't really "fighting fanatics" but love that game, one mainly because he's a marvel fanboy...the other because he likes SF a lot....I think it's alright, not my cup of tea personally. To each his own, I think of fighting games in general like cars, alcohol and women...it's an aquired taste and different people enjoy different things I guess lol.

Graveyard

Superb
lol no I think you misunderstand what I meant, I didn't say the game/series sucks...I'm saying that sucks that they don't offer you an option for just one on one...but mandatory of having 3 vs. 3..

MK9 and DOA for example, you have the option to do either. That's what I meant ;)

I know what you mean though, my two friends aren't really "fighting fanatics" but love that game, one mainly because he's a marvel fanboy...the other because he likes SF a lot....I think it's alright, not my cup of tea personally. To each his own, I think of fighting games in general like cars, alcohol and women...it's an aquired taste and different people enjoy different things I guess lol.
For sure.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I wonder how tag mode character balance will differ from 1v1? I can see this game having two teir lists for each mode. Hopefully there won't be any or much teams that dont work well together.

4 player and 2 player co-op is gona be the shit!