What's new

What do you do against people who are always jumping? UMK3 NOT MK9

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
LOL .....is there an echo in here?
I guess I made it halfway down the page and didn't find an in depth response. With the time I spent typing that out I could have read the whole thread before going on a long-winded rant. I apologize. Although in my defense, I DID spell out the roundhouse options for H Smoke and Scorps.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I think it's funny how I thought I saved face after not reading something in its entirety and then neglected to read something else in its entirety (I read the end of the Scorp section where it said to learn to combo off RH so I thought 'lol he left that part out' instead of starting at the beginning like normal people).

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I think it's FUNNY how I thought I saved face after not reading something in its entirety and then neglected to read something else in its entirety (I read the end of the Scorp section where it said to learn to combo off RH so I thought 'lol he left that part out' instead of starting at the beginning like normal people).
I thought it was hilarious, LOL!!!

J1gabyte

Noob
I haven't played UMK3 since MK9 released. I will say that with the characters you're using you'd do well to learn full combos off AA attempts. Combos that start in the air to a tremendous amount of damage.

Scorpion - AA RH, teleport, HP, spear, HP HP HK b+HK

H Smoke - AA RH, teleport, HP, spear, HK D+LP D+HP, run-in HP, JK airthrow or
AA HP into spear, HK LP, spear, HK D+LP D+HP, run-in HP, JK airthrow

Kabal - AA HP into dash, HP HP, JK into air fireball.

Stryker - (never played him much but I'm pretty sure you can) AA HP into gun into his mid-screen infinite.

For crossover attempts the easiest thing to start with is run-under sweeps. I always found universal anti-air tactics like these fairly easy to pick up on. AA HP into combo varies from character to character but not too difficult to master.

If AA HP combos give you trouble, you can always land a standing HK without trouble. It's very effective and easy.
Try an easier AA for now until u learn the timing on AA's in general. aaHP'ing and JK'ing opponent is prolly thee most advanced form of AA-options. Learn to throw in uppercuts and RHs , master the standing HK 1st. AA-sweeps require a little more timing and practice but are very safe and effective. When ur learning aaHP into a punisher combo, practice the timing offline vs a dummy 2P and make them jump or try aaHP into a combo after a blocked teleport.

Also, you shouldnt be trying to learn the timing of this stuff online either....it's important that it is learned offline, then once mastered, adaptations can be made according to whomever's shitty, laggy connection u have to deal w/ LOL
Dude, I have looked everywhere. What is the difference between a standing HK and a normal HK?