What's new

What do aquaman?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
You could throw him :V

Aquas trait is a real pain if your character has no real fast way of launching him off the ground to prevent blocking so the best you can do is start a combo and go for a grab, least grabs tend to be long enough for it to run out for you to attempt something else on wake up.

Weapons locked at least doesn't care about his trait since it's unblockable :V
Weapons locked will only hit him after a combo, that won't land because of the trait.

You can't do it anywhere else because of the anti zoning aquaman has.

Weapons locked will only hit him after a combo, that won't land because of the trait.

You can't do it anywhere else because of the anti zoning aquaman has.
Jumping or blocking the tridents gives you time to use it before he is able to hit you with another projectile so that if you get hit it at least the missiles will hit him and you should a chance to start dashing in or armor up.

PND_Ketchup

Jumping or blocking the tridents gives you time to use it before he is able to hit you with another projectile so that if you get hit it at least the missiles will hit him and you should a chance to start dashing in or armor up.
I was in training yesterday, you don't have time to do that, you will if Aquaman hesitates, but that's the least of his worries.

It's the trait that's the real issue in the MU.

I was in training yesterday, you don't have time to do that, you will if Aquaman hesitates, but that's the least of his worries.

It's the trait that's the real issue in the MU.
The trait is the issue for pretty much every character sadly...cept the grapplers I suppose :V

so is this mu almost impossible for lex to win?
It's not easy but it's not impossible either.

It's still possible to only go for something small on Aquaman to make him use his trait and then try to take advantage of when he's still waiting for it to recharge again, air heavy also isn't exactly fussed by his trait since it takes him off the ground :V

PND_Ketchup

I was able to win games, but that was only when Fatality Check made a mistake, or hesitated allowing me to get an orb off, when he played the match correctly it felt like the biggest uphill struggle ever.

Need to really sit down and crack this one.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
That's how Aquaman rolls man. My real life friend is maining him and it's already bugging me because I can never finish my combos on him.

Fairlysadpanda

Really bad at fighting games.
I knew AM's trait would be broke. I called it!

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I wish I'd used this when I was getting hit by Batman combos at the UK launch event... :(

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
My solution to the vacuum problem - mid mine 22/22d1/22b3 or close mine (mixup as it's difficult to react to the placement), or just an ordinary setup

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The trait is fine ........

its how fucking fast it comes back that is not fine.
Especially considering how Aquaman plays... he an be risky risky risky (trait)... lame lame lame.... (gets trait back) risky risky risky.

give that cooldown more cooldown and i'll cooldown .

PND_Ketchup

My solution to the vacuum problem - mid mine 22/22d1/22b3 or close mine (mixup as it's difficult to react to the placement), or just an ordinary setup
Surely his trait will make him recover and fuck me up before the mine comes out? Or do you mean use 2,2 mid mine as a punish?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Surely his trait will make him recover and fuck me up before the mine comes out? Or do you mean use 2,2 mid mine as a punish?
I mean right after the vacuum. There's a small window before the mine comes out where he'll recover from the vacuum but if you end up throwing a close mine and he fucks up timing just the slightest bit it's a free combo for you. With the 22 I meant if you throw a mid mine, 22 will push him into it on block

PND_Ketchup

Just went into training earlier, the way around it Revolver mentioned does actually make sense, it's guaranteed, but it's something he can do if the aquaman loves to trait.

It's a shame i can't do my regular strats, btu it's nice to have at least anther option. Thanks!