What's new

What do aquaman?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Black Adam only gets like 10-15% unless he hitconfirms into MB Lightning Cage before Bradyman can mash the trait.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
HE CAN TRAIT MY 50/50's
My point is, bait the first trait by doing your combo, leave yourself at enough advantage to back into another 5050 while he's blocking. All I can suggest for fighting Aquas trait right now.

A character like KF would be pretty fucked in this scenario, she can only go low.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
My point is, bait the first trait by doing your combo, leave yourself at enough advantage to back into another 5050 while he's blocking. All I can suggest for fighting Aquas trait right now.

A character like KF would be pretty fucked in this scenario, she can only go low.
Black adam can only go overhead unless im just gonna go into sweep and give him a free wake up scoop?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

The problem, is, I have to use the meter to get that advantage.

His only string that leaves him on advantage is his 1,1,2, which is high. It's a huge cost of meter for absolutely minimal payoff.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
The problem, is, I have to use the meter to get that advantage.

His only string that leaves him on advantage is his 1,1,2, which is high. It's a huge cost of meter for absolutely minimal payoff.
Not to mention he keeps the trait for the duration anyway, so even if you do manage to open him up hes just gonna slip out.

Malec

Noob
he is forced to block, but he can block lol, its like you hit him with a 1,1,2 what is a combo, he gets hit by the 1 or the 1,1 (slow reaction) and then activates his trait and is able to block the follow up hits

Malec

Noob
@topic, this trait alone makes aquaman one of the worst matchups for lex.
lex cant outzone aquaman obviously, so what you gonna do? try to get a knockdown then shield up or get a drone out, so you dash up and try to mix him up with b1,3 low starter or f2 overhead starter, both or i should say ALL of lex combos need 1 bar meter for the MB grav pull and this always leaves the opponent standing on the ground for a follow up b3, so aquaman can always activate his trait, if hes got hit by an MB grav pull. and by the next time you managed a knockdown to mix him up again, his trait will be ready for sure...

You could throw him :V

Aquas trait is a real pain if your character has no real fast way of launching him off the ground to prevent blocking so the best you can do is start a combo and go for a grab, least grabs tend to be long enough for it to run out for you to attempt something else on wake up.

Weapons locked at least doesn't care about his trait since it's unblockable :V

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
@topic, this trait alone makes aquaman one of the worst matchups for lex.
lex cant outzone aquaman obviously, so what you gonna do? try to get a knockdown then shield up or get a drone out, so you dash up and try to mix him up with b1,3 low starter or f2 overhead starter, both or i should say ALL of lex combos need 1 bar meter for the MB grav pull and this always leaves the opponent standing on the ground for a follow up b3, so aquaman can always activate his trait, if hes got hit by an MB grav pull. and by the next time you managed a knockdown to mix him up again, his trait will be ready for sure...
Can't do anything fullscreen because of the ground attack, you can jump in on prediction, but when you get in trait makes everything rubbish anyway. You can punish D2 on block, but again, the trait.

There's no payoff for anything, I haven't experienced a matchup this hard in a long time. If you play your cards right with your 50/50's you'll still rarely land a hit when his trait ISN'T active.