What's new

What did you giys want from the 2/28 patch (balance wise)

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
That’s the thing there’s more characters with dirt than there is without it, just bring those in line with everyone else, I see “cage nerf” “storm cell nerf” “more Kenshi nerfs” but that’s because of frequent use, they’ll get nerfed and then the toxic edgelords online will just move to the next set of characters and these same people will be back on here complaining all over again it legit never fails.

“Well atleast this top tier is manageable and not like when we had cage, raiden, Stryker and Kung Lao stinking up the joint!”

……

“NRS PLZ!”

The train is never late lol
Yea dude I agree. Top tier characters are like weeds, you chop one down and another grows in it's place. I'm having serious deja vu talking to you about this lol. I feel like its October 2023 all over again.

Exactly!!! I swear to god people here can have such short term memory. Did we not just get done with a game we absolutely hated because of how vanilla and bland it was. We were literally just playing strike throw for 4 years. Now people want to nerf top tiers because they get beat by them instead of just buffing the lower and mid tiers to make the game actually fun. Johnny is suppoooosssed to be in your face and opressive. Raiden is supposed to hit and run. Are tools like Stryker and storm cell strong? Of course they are but not even close to broken. Some of you wouldn’t have survived the pre mk11 days I swear.

I was hoping they would leave the top tier completely untouched and just try to bring the lower and mid tiers to their power level instead.
Yes, it is annoying. People claim to want a better game by demanding "balance" which is typically code for "I hate dealing with X." I am glad they did not touch most of the top tiers in the game. Kenshi's nerf doesn't seem to be terrible although time will tell. The flip side to that coin is they did not buff anyone really outside of Quan Chi. I as well wanted the mid and low tiers to be shown some love.

Last edited:

rifraf

Noob
The Kenshi changes were clearly not meant as balance changes, but rather changes to bring sento in line / make it more consistent with how other kameos behave - e.g. sento and kameos now both react to getting hit in similar ways. The changes don't do anything to the character competitively, but I don't think its an inside joke / passive aggression, that's a waste of their time and money.
Well, that makes sense.
I'm coping that they'll release a balance patch after the next big pro tour event, but I think its more likely that NRS isn't allocating any resources towards game balance - only KP characters, bug fixes, and skins. I wouldn't be shocked if they were already working on their next game and MK1 is just on a long tail of minimum support / drip fed content to try and squeeze extra $ without much resource investment.
I guess I'm on the same boat chugging that copium :laughing: I'm not sure if Kenshi needs some adjustments or not (probably he does). His "sandwich" mode is not fair in this game but I'm okay for him to keep it unless other characters get unfair stuff in their kit.