What's new

What Cool Unannounced Feature(s) Would You Want to See In I2?

thesacrifist

Too old for this
As an example MKX had faction war and brutalities announced late in the development cycle. What cool "bonus" features would you like in I2?

I can't think of anything. Floor's yours guys

Edit: Replay mode with channels and replays from pro-tournaments. eSports-focus with live streams (twitch integration) and maybe exclusive gear from spectating/betting akin to koth

Last edited:

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
Some type of finishers similar to brutalities. Obviously they're not going to have Batman ripping supermans head off or anything but they could have something where ending with certain special moves does something different to your opponent and your character makes a sassy remark.

Brutalities were one of the best inclusions to mkx and gave hype matches that extra cherry on top. It would be a missed opportunity if they didn't do something similar.

Skedar70

Noob
A tag team mode, because Injustice is a superhero game and I want to pair my favorite characters together to fight my favorite villains.

Unfortunately it flopped in MK9 because apparently no one played it, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
Tag team. We played a lot of tag team in my community for mk9 and tekken tag 2 with 4 controllers and 3 teams in a king of the hill like way.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
A tag team mode, because Injustice is a superhero game and I want to pair my favorite characters together to fight my favorite villains.

Unfortunately it flopped in MK9 because apparently no one played it, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
Boon was asked about this in an interview at E3 and he mentioned he always felt the community didn't use the mode to it's fullest potential in MK9 and that he'd be open to bringing it back for Injustice 2 and that there's a lot of features & game modes to be announced later on. He sounded pretty optimistic about it so I think there's actually a good chance we may see it return this time around.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
They should capitalize on their now flawless netcode and make online something grand and special. Ad hoc best of 3 8-man tournaments for prizes, a real ladder system to appeal to semi-casuals like myself and so on.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
A tournament room

A room that fills up to 16 people, and every 2 hours it creates a bracket of the people in that room. A tournament begins and the winner gets gear/massive XP.
If a person is AFK no problem, the room will ask yes or no if they want to be in. If they are AFK they can't say yes right? If 16 people aren't there, make byes.

Also if someone has over 150 ms ping they can't play....

I think this would be fun, and in private match it can be hosted and increased to 64 people or decreased to just 8. And the host can shuffle and move brackets and spectate any match he wants without having to see just health bars.

This would be amazing if implicated.

trufenix

bye felicia
I would love some sort of brutalities, even if its just a cool cinematic finish to the fight like Capcom's noodles and bus but given characters are still getting up just to sit back down, not a lot of hope there.

What I want most is confirmation that we can set gear presets and quick select from the vs screen. That would just about secure my pre-order and I don't pre-order.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
-block button option(I know it won't happen but would be neat)

-Confirmed Full freedom and full ability to customize, tweak and shape the characters color palettes to our hearts desires(not just preset trim color packs) Not even talking about the gear system armor, but just the normal costumes themselves.

-Shared console Xbox/PS4/NX/PC etc(though this will not happen but can dream)

-When picking a character using invisible cursor ONLINE, have it so that the person who's invisible is highlighted a pink or light blue color so we can see where the hell we are while invisible for the other player obviously, for OFFLINE this has to be invisible 100% for obvious reasons as it was in MK9, MKX and Injustice GUA.

-Instant record mode option, like a button while you're playing like hitting both A-sticks in at the same time or have an option to record match before it starts like hit a button to say "record match"? or not....not talking so much about DVR mode that the Xbox One has for different times 30 seconds, 60, 3 mins and 5 mins etc but I mean built into the game itself with expanded memory, like a DVR within the game that will warn you if it gets too full so you transfer it to the Xbox DVR or upload to your youtube, fb etc directly.

That's all I have for now.

hmmm... cool unannounced features.... . . .
  • Better mic options. There needs to be a easy way to set the mic off on a per-player basis, as well as being able to change the default mic to always be off.
  • A proper tournament mode. So kind of like KoTH but double elimination brackets with 4,8,16, (32 might be to many) game players option. Like KoTH with a viewers mode for participants.
  • Ranked matches to be Bo3 or Bo5. Killer Instinct has all ranked matches Bo3 and single game ranks is just pathetic, and a big reasons why no one really uses it outside of scrubs. KI showed that it works and works extreamly well.
  • An advanced online replay system like Street Fighter 4/5 had so you can look up famous matches playing in ranked of the top players.
  • The inclusion of other comic companies. Yeah I know never have marvel, but why not DC sub-companies like Vertigo.. but also there are a ton of cool companies like Image, Dynamite, Icon, IDW .. etc etc etc. So you have Injustice but this games version of the "guest character" is not something lame like getting a film character as in MKx but instead we get a cool cross company Comic Character form a small studio. (yeah I know this will never happen but still, how awesome would that be.. have the Phantom as a guest or The Will or someone else awesome!)
Could probably think of more if I tried!

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
The inclusion of other comic companies. Yeah I know never have marvel, but why not DC sub-companies like Vertigo.. but also there are a ton of cool companies like Image, Dynamite, Icon, IDW .. etc etc etc. So you have Injustice but this games version of the "guest character" is not something lame like getting a film character as in MKx but instead we get a cool cross company Comic Character form a small studio. (yeah I know this will never happen but still, how awesome would that be.. have the Phantom as a guest or The Will or someone else awesome!)
Could probably think of more if I tried!
The problem is that Image dynamite IDW and the rest are all creator owned (for the non obvious licensed stuff like adventure time and the like). So NRS and WB would have to get rights character by character and that'll take forever.

You do get my unending props for mentioning my homeboy The Will. Instant main.

TKB

Noob
The problem is that Image dynamite IDW and the rest are all creator owned (for the non obvious licensed stuff like adventure time and the like). So NRS and WB would have to get rights character by character and that'll take forever.

You do get my unending props for mentioning my homeboy The Will. Instant main.
Surprised to see The Will mentioned but that would be godlike lol

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Boon was asked about this in an interview at E3 and he mentioned he always felt the community didn't use the mode to it's fullest potential in MK9 and that he'd be open to bringing it back for Injustice 2 and that there's a lot of features & game modes to be announced later on. He sounded pretty optimistic about it so I think there's actually a good chance we may see it return this time around.
I personally played a lot of tag. The reason it Never caught on was the inability to team up with a buddy online. If inj2 has tag it'll definitely lengthen the game for me. Forever waiting for mkx to get it.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Both opponents start with 0-1 meters and the first hit does not reward the attacker with 1 bar of meter. Always thought this mechanic was silly and unecessarry

Down 2

Noob
As said earlier, something brutality like. Brutalities were an amazing idea even though I'm sure since you're not killing them I assume it wouldn't translate well into injustice and they would probably make a lot of them look corny like MK vs DC "fatalities", but I'm sure they would make some good ones. Also on another topic, I know this is pre alpha but why is there no trash talk during the matches like in MKX? Why is no one talking about this? I feel when I'm watching the game it seems so quiet especially after supers. Supergirl hits a guy into space, and then shoots him through meteors and then makes him land back on Earth and she just doesn't say anything at all. At least make her say something like "how did that feel"? Or some kind of witty remark.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
As said earlier, something brutality like. Brutalities were an amazing idea even though I'm sure since you're not killing them I assume it wouldn't translate well into injustice and they would probably make a lot of them look corny like MK vs DC "fatalities", but I'm sure they would make some good ones. Also on another topic, I know this is pre alpha but why is there no trash talk during the matches like in MKX? Why is no one talking about this? I feel when I'm watching the game it seems so quiet especially after supers. Supergirl hits a guy into space, and then shoots him through meteors and then makes him land back on Earth and she just doesn't say anything at all. At least make her say something like "how did that feel"? Or some kind of witty remark.
E.g. Batman - grappling hook ender batman would hogtie you to end the game or like batarang would electrocute you on the last hit and your character would again be incapacitated by batman as a finisher.

Are you talking something like that?

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
A best of 3 or 5 ranked mode. I hate that it's only a one and done thing.

Also, for the gear play system, perhaps a wager system where we can put up some of our best/rarest gear on the line and if you lose the match, that gear is transferred to the winner.