What's new

What characters from injustice and mk9 do you hate with a passion??

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Kabal in MK9

Grundy used to be my big hate, but then I discovered he can't so shit against supes so I'm good there.
Every character in IGAU can be a big hate depending on how they play

MK9:
Kabal: I absolutely hate characters that reduce a game to mindless button-pressing. Yes, I know there's some strategy involved, but it's mostly just when to cancel the ND and when to let it rip. The biggest key to a successful Kabal is how low you can do your IAGB and how consistently you can nail your ND cancels. That's stuff a machine can do as well as or better than a human. It's purely mechanical, and the risk/reward is almost always in Kabal's favor. He just plain ol' ruined MK9 for me. When Kabal started to get really dominant, I couldn't bring myself to play anymore.

Johnny Cage: Similar to Kabal, but obviously not as bad. Just the whole premise of constant plus-string rushdown (again) boils the game down to who can press buttons better. I want to see mindgames, action/reaction contests, and deep strategy. JC doesn't offer that.

Kung Lao: See above. Lao is ridiculous for all the same reasons. The only thing that makes him slightly less annoying than the first two is that he can't just use the same exact button sequence over and over to win. He has to vary it up between... oh... maybe 3-4 sequences. >_<

IGAU:
Superman: Noticing a pattern here? Superman is every bit as braindead (IMO) as Kabal, he's just not quite as dominant (after several patches) because of the character diversity (and, LBSH, addition of powerful DLCs) in IGAU. F23~breath is just as derpy as ND cancels, and the fact that they gave such a braindead, dominant tool to the posterboy of the franchise tells us exactly what NRS/WB was thinking when they designed the character. They wanted all the kiddies who picked up the game and went straight for Big Blue to feel like they were good at the game. I'm sure it worked. Unfortunately, it translated to competitive play as well.

Doomsday: The only reason I dislike DD a little bit less than I dislike Superman is because he's a more novel character. He's not "SOOPERMAYUN!" Other than that, he's about as derpy. At very high levels of play, he can be slightly interesting, but he should not be as dominant as he is for the skill required to play him.

Scorpion: Same as all the rest--just another derpfest. I'm glad they toned him down, but whether he's top tier or bottom tier, he still takes no more brains or strategy to win than to lose. Just jump and hit buttons and mash out teleport.

I like playing/watching contests of intelligence, strategy, and skill. The above characters offer primarily contests in finger dexterity.

Reactions: gdf

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Catwoman - OMG all they do is random MBcatdash and when close enough they spam b3. Like its so stupid. And her Oki is dumb she has so much tech that I can't keep up with.

Harley - gun shot gun shot gun shot. Now I'm cornered? Cup cake cup cake cup cake. Let me try to dash? Gunshot.

Oh wait.....I think I just described myself.:DOGE

There's nothing random about Catwoman's B3. It's designed to go under a lot of moves. Also, I THINK there's a slight arch to it so it might hit a little lower depending on where in the move it connects. Let's not forget that B3 is horribly punishable on block.

MK9

Noob Frikin Saibot! Just saying the name makes me want to choke my monitor. If someone picks him, I walk away for 5 mins until the match is over.
I had problems with Sindel as well. Couldn't figure out how to keep her from Floating and chipping me out with fireball spam :mad:

Injustice

Solomon Grundy. That dead fatass has handed me some of my most humiliating losses.
Joker. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to play that matchup at all. Frikin Teeth setups all day :(

its fucking random because it goes under lows and i thought it was negative 5

You sure it didn't go over your lows
it goes under them, she dissappears and goes under ground, its stupid she turns into flat stanley, i specifically do multi-hit moves to deal with that armor shit. with zods trait and it fucking whiffs

Last edited:

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I really hate Sub-Zero in MK9. Just sits like a pussy whole game behinds his clone doing random slides and freezes. Braindead character.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Green Lantern for being the absolute most boring adaptation of the most imaginative power to ever exist in any shape or form. NRS somehow succeeded in making GL lame and uninteresting
Couldn't agree more, I was actually looking forward to playing GL but he's just so dull.

MK9: Kano, I've always hated Kano and I don't really know why. I just can't stand him.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
NRS Characters I HATE.

MK9:
Kung Lao: I hate that overpowered character for all the wrong and right reasons. End of comment.
Sonya Blade: For that annoying overpowered armored EX cartwheel kick and those stupid energy rings.
Cyrax: Because he's just plain BROKEN.
Kenshi: Same as Cyrax.
Quan Chi: Same as Kung Lao.
Mileena: Same as Quan Chi.
Kitana: That unfair over advantaged down 1 and her fan spamming ability.
Kano: That goddamn kanoball from any and every angle.
Raiden: That stupid cymbal hat and his ridiculous teleporting.
Kratos: His stupid trembling chamber of the flame stage.
Smoke: No need to go into any details. we all know why.
Kabal: For making me disgusted with REO for maining him and winning with him. Also for the same reasons why we all hate Smoke.
Sindel: For her annoying spammability with her fire balls from low, mid, and diagonal air spamming.

INJUSTICE:
Martian Manhunter: Shame on you REO.
Batgirl: for being BROKEN in every way.
Deathstroke: Yes i love him, but hate playing against someone who spamms his pistols really well. BTW, it's not called zoning, for all you gun spammers out there who hate being brought into the light of truth.
Zod: For being Deathstroke on crack.
Killer Frost: We all know why.
Lobo: For his brokenness.
Sinestro: We all know why.
Solomon Grundy: Those goddamn grabs.
Aquaman: For coming out of the water.
Wonder Woman: That annoying stupid back2,3.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
The only good characters the game really has is Catwoman, Batman, Bane, Raven, Doomsday, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Lex Luthor, Nightwing, Joker, Flash, Shazam, Ares and Deathstroke.