What's new

Question What characters do you believe have a variation with no bad match ups?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I watched Brady's GM play a great Stunt Double and I definitely felt like GM was at a disadvantage in that one.

Both guys played great, but it seemed like the matchup favored SD - and I never would have thought of that if I hadn't seen it.

I think outranging Piercing in the neutral is going to be key, so Stunt Double, Viscous, Ninjitsu, Marksman, and Bojutsu quickly come to mind.

Last edited:

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
I doubt there is one variation that doesn't lose to another, there is always some BS that will counter another's BS. Piercing Mileena and Shaolin Jin are both very strong, as mentioned.
Cutthroat kano mains sitting in their chairs sharpening their knives like:
Good thing people forgot cutthroat exists, with our guaranteed pressure and mixups which guarantee another mixup with guaranteed HKD buff setups and 50% corner bnbs which if blocked guarantees another mixup and ex knive pressure which jails into D4 and armor breaking setups which are totally not (soap bar in my mouth)...

And he also has air mixups, instant air ball, (overhead low) or instant air ball from some distances hits low.
Who the fuck thought that an unreactable 6 frame air ball becomes an overhead low was a great idea....
And we have zoning too.
but meter building dawg :DOGE

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i think its questionable that there are even S+ tiers in MKXL

i define S+ tiers as 10/0's
or strong 9/1's

and i don't think that exsists in this game.

if we are getting the numbers for 10/0 and 9/1 then we are simply playing the matchup incorrectly and must find other ways to get around them.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
i think its questionable that there are even S+ tiers in MKXL

i define S+ tiers as 10/0's
or strong 9/1's

and i don't think that exsists in this game.

if we are getting the numbers for 10/0 and 9/1 then we are simply playing the matchup incorrectly and must find other ways to get around them.
I think this is definately a testament to how viable most characters are in the game in one variation or another. S+ imo is prob one who can completely dominate several matchups as 9/1 or 8/2 is very unlikely, the game would have to be extremely unbalanced like Meta Knight n Brawl. S+ in this game is for a char who has many 6-4 with like 5 7-3 matchups with maybe 20% of the cast having a 5-5 or 4-6 in their favor

MadeOfMetal

I think this is definately a testament to how viable most characters are in the game in one variation or another. S+ imo is prob one who can completely dominate several matchups as 9/1 or 8/2 is very unlikely, the game would have to be extremely unbalanced like Meta Knight n Brawl. S+ in this game is for a char who has many 6-4 with like 5 7-3 matchups with maybe 20% of the cast having a 5-5 or 4-6 in their favor
i get ya, but many new comers act like an S+ tier on yomi's list means they will win no matter what, its almost as if they are thinking

S+ tier means, MK9 Kabal vs Sheeva

BTW is their a new tier list for Post 3-29-2016?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
i get ya, but many new comers act like an S+ tier on yomi's list means they will win no matter what, its almost as if they are thinking

S+ tier means, MK9 Kabal vs Sheeva

BTW is their a new tier list for Post 3-29-2016?
Considering it's only been about 2 weeks. I doubt it imo

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
it shouldn't take high level players that long to grind out the matchups.

but i guess we will wait
It takes months for MUs to fully develop. Sometimes years. Two weeks is no time, especially because there are 90 MUs to learn in this game.

MadeOfMetal

It takes months for MUs to fully develop. Sometimes years. Two weeks is no time, especially because there are 90 MUs to learn in this game.
i here ya, but if you only count the top variations that the majority of the Tier whore's use. it should take a lot less time.

hey zoid ive been asking some people Tier questions, and id like your input, ill send ya a PM

MadeOfMetal

Piercing Mileena seems to have answers for just about everything now. I'll go with that.
having answers doesn't make them not have a bad matchup.

having tools to deal with everything is completely different than, a bad matchup.

she does suffer against Full on Brawlers, like Johnny with his cancel pressure. or D'vorah, or Dragons fire is really close

Matix218

Get over here!
3-7 and 2-8 are right about the same tbh. There is no such thing as 10-0 in current fighters because 10-0 means 100-0 which means 1000-0 and so on.. Since you cannot say for sure that it is IMPOSSIBLE to win ONE game, 1-9 is the worst score you can give. 1-9 is basically a 10-0 but because there is no such thing, we use 1-9. With 1-9 meaning pretty much unwinnable, 2-8 is almost unwinnable, 3-7 is an EXTREME disadvantage.

People also miss what these numbers mean. A 3-7 does NOT mean that if played at the highest level that you should win 3 out of the 10 games played. No, it means you have a 30% chance to win and the opponent a 70% chance. You could play a 3-7 just right and the score be 1-9. It doesn't make the mu a 1-9, it just means that you only had a 30% chance of winning those games that you lost.
^this