What's new

What Character Should I Teach my Wife?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Go Batgirl or Batman I say. Tools for days. Likely batgirl though...she wont have to learn bat control and I've seen many new players not get him due to how much he has to do that.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
@Eldriken doesn't need to play Doomsday against his wife, people. It's possible to play inferior secondary characters that allow newer players to get into the game more.
Matchup numbers aren't the decididng factor here: but execution for the good stuff is.
All of Sinestro's inputs are down forward, or down back. It's one of the best special move designs in the game, for starters. His objective is also simple, keepaway until thy get close, where you can then try out your ofense with safe B1, 2, or anti-air into a combo into more keepaway.
I really don't recommend teaching her Doomsday, because then she'll feel inferior to your Domsday, pretty much forever. I've seen this happen with my friends.
Hawkgirl doesn't need to do long combos, and can rushdown and keepaway effectively with her special moves into more of her special moves, in and out.
Green Lantern because Lantern's might leads into satisfying combos, which make his user feel powerful. Back 1 is a relief.
Batgirl would be decent for teaching vortexes, but so would Sinestro.

kyle ogden

RM | BLT KO_KID
I would pick a pretty easy character execution wise(easy by NRS standards anyway). I also dont know if she likes female or male characters so I will list both.

Female:
Raven- Pretty easy execution wise, can get used to zoning and footsies
Wonder Woman- Another footsies character, pretty easy execution as well.

Male:
Doomsday: This seems like the obvious choice
Green Lantern: Cant get more basic then him
Supes: Who doesnt love Superman?(Plus he is still pretty easy to play)

Edit: Aquaman would be good too
Wonder Woman and Raven would be fun and awesome to learn, But why not Killer Frost she has good footsies a vortex easy exicution combos, And fun to play as.

E

Eldriken

Still haven't made a decision yet as we're waiting until later on in the day to start. Less interruptions from the kids and all that jazz.

She keeps pestering me about when we're going to start and I'm just like, "YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO FOCUS. KIDS =/= BEING ABLE TO FOCUS."

Art

Grave_Intent
For a new player I'd go with either WW or Raven, seem to be a little easier for new players.

E

Eldriken

She picked Doomsday all in her own. I had nothing to do with it.

She said she wants to piss people off with him like I do.