What's new

What Character Has The Fastest Run/Walk Speed?

Geth

Bows don't kill people, the arrows do.
Is there, like, a technical way to see what the characters' run speed is?
I'd do my own research digging through the data, but I'm a lowly last-gen console player.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
scorpion wallkspeed is mid tier, not that fast, not that slower either, but he covers ground really fast when running

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Awesome sausage. Much appreciated.
Alright here we go:

Forward walk tier list:
S tier- Kotal Kahn
A Tier- Liu, Kano, Kung Jin, Jacqui, Cassie, Takeda, Sub Zero, Kitana, Jax
B Tier- Quan, Raiden, Ermac, Erron, Mileena, Scorpion, Kenshi, Goro, Reptile, Sonya, Ferra Torr, Shinnok, Dvorah
F Tier- Kung Lao

Back walk tier list:
S Tier- Kitana, Jacqui, Liu Kang, Johnny
A tier- everyone else but Ermac
F tier- Ermac

As far as runs go they are pretty much all similar except that Goro, Ferra torr and Jason have significantly slower run speeds.

Last edited:

redeyes

Button Masher
Alright here we go:

Forward walk tier list:
S tier- Kotal Kahn
B Tier- Quan, Raiden, Ermac, Erron, Mileena, Scorpion, Kenshi, Goro, Reptile, Ferra Torr
F Tier- Kung Lao

Back walk tier list:
F tier- Ermac

As far as runs go they are pretty much all similar except that Goro, Ferra torr and Jason have significantly slower run speeds.
did u not test sonya or just forgot to list here?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Alright here we go:

Forward walk tier list:
S tier- Kotal Kahn
B Tier- Quan, Raiden, Ermac, Erron, Mileena, Scorpion, Kenshi, Goro, Reptile, Ferra Torr
F Tier- Kung Lao

Back walk tier list:
F tier- Ermac

I think you missed shinnok and sonya. Great info though. Notice anyway differences in like walk startups?

Geth

Alright here we go:

Forward walk tier list:
S tier- Kotal Kahn
F Tier- Kung Lao

Back walk tier list:
F tier- Ermac

So Kotal takes the cake?
Hmm. I expected the run speeds to differ more. Nice info.

Zoidberg747

Run speeds aren't the same, just saying. I think fastest was either Sonya or Cassie, I forgot lol
I timed them and they were all about 1 second to get from fullscreen to right next to the oponent, give or take a few milliseconds. If your talking about just straight up running with the opponent in the way it is a very different story, and Kung Lao takes it free. But for just running in from midscreen the difference in run speeds is pretty negligible.

n9195v

Noob
Is there, like, a technical way to see what the characters' run speed is?
I'd do my own research digging through the data, but I'm a lowly last-gen console player.
having characters walk/run into each other and see who gets pushed backwards is how it was done in mk9

Zoidberg747

having characters walk/run into each other and see who gets pushed backwards is how it was done in mk9
This doesnt work though, because each character has different resistance to someone walking running into them. Cassie for instance made some characters runs seem way better but when tested on Sub they didnt go nearly as fast/far/.

This is what I tried to do at first(for like an hour lol) before I realized that is was useless. CHaracters also have different walk "strengths" but I figured it wasnt very viable info since most of the time you cant just run/walk someone to the corner(unless you are dvorah).

The best way would be to like get a video with all the runs/walks and breaking it down frame by frame, but I dont have the time or resources to do that so...

Zoidberg747

Backdash/ Forward dash tier list, based on distance covered and startup time:

Backdash-
Godlike - Kano
Really Good - Sonya, Jax, Kitana, Dvorah
Good - Takeda, Jacqui, Ermac, Kotal Khan
Ok- Kenshi, Sub Zero, Shinnok, Kung Jin, Johnny Cage, Erron Black, Reptile, Quan Cheese
Not Good- Kung Lao, Jason, Cassie Cage, Liu Kang, Raiden,
Pathetic- Ferra Torr, Goro

Forward Dash-
Godlike- Kano
Really Good- Sonya, Jax, Kitana, Scorpion, Shinnok, Dvorah, Quan
Good- Mileena, Takeda, Jacqui, Ermac, Reptile
Not good- Kung Lao, Jason, Kenshi, Sub Zero, Cassie Cage, Kung Jin, Johnny Cage. Erron Black, Liu Kang, Kotal Khan, Ferra Torr, Raiden
Pathetic- Goro

Geth

Hate to bump an old thread, but now I'm curious about character jump range/height