What's new

Question What can they do after they block a slide?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet slide is -3 on block, still skarlet players can take the slide all day because is safe.

If you're fighting against Skarlet and she slides you on block, what would you do?

Discuss

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I would probably try for a low-poke to keep them in check, but I myself am still learning how to fight against Skarlet, so I am not sure.

I do wonder, though...since you can't do anything about the slide after blocking it and Skarlet's other mix-up option off the Red Dash is her Down Slash, which can lead into a full combo and a reset...why would you bother trying to block the slide? If you're hit by it, you only take...8% damage, right? Then you have a chance to time a Wake-Up and break her pressure control, or try and back away from her. When you think of it like that, it may not be worth trying to block the slide.

However, it can be argued that a player wants to avoid taking damage as much as he can, and the slide can begin to become a problem when you're running out of health. It's that psychological setback that sometimes makes them block low.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I would probably try for a low-poke to keep them in check, but I myself am still learning how to fight against Skarlet, so I am not sure.

I do wonder, though...since you can't do anything about the slide after blocking it and Skarlet's other mix-up option off the Red Dash is her Down Slash, which can lead into a full combo and a reset...why would you bother trying to block the slide? If you're hit by it, you only take...8% damage, right? Then you have a chance to time a Wake-Up and break her pressure control, or try and back away from her. When you think of it like that, it may not be worth trying to block the slide.

However, it can be argued that a player wants to avoid taking damage as much as he can, and the slide can begin to become a problem when you're running out of health. It's that psychological setback that sometimes makes them block low.
You answered your own question there Blake. Then you have to consider - is Skarlet going to do an empty Red Dash into a F4 check? 1,1,4 check? Is she doing a delayed Up Slash to catch me off-guard? A delayed Slide?

Skarlet is a highly adaptive character who typically has quite a few options in pressure scenarios. Sonya's EX Cartwheel is good counter-pressure at point blank range since Skarlet has a tough time making her EX Dash come out 2nd...but I believe I have a counter to it. Hoping it's as solid as I think it is ;)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Come to think of it, if they go for the low pokes, Skarlet will always in the low poke war, because she always will counter poke the blocked poke wich is punishable on block, and will be able to put another slide just to counter poke more pokes.

So then, if they decide to low poke, Skarlet counter pokes and wins

If they decide to pressure her with mixups, Crimsom Dash wins

ryublaze

Noob
If you delay Red Slide to make it neutral on block, Skarlet will win the poke war if she's player 1.

They can also throw you if you decide to stay blocking. EX Red Dash is usually a guess but the risk/reward is in your favor IMO. You might waste 1 bar if they decide to block EX Red Dash Slide or if they jump. The worst that can happen is if they counter your armor with their own armor. :mad: