What's new

What button layout for an Hitbox Arcade in MKX ?

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Hi, I just recived my PS4 version of hitbox arcade in France, I was always a pad player and was really happy and satisfied to play with Hori Fighting Commander 4, works very well for SF4, SFV and MKX but I was courious for hitbox, because I like typing and have 7 years of keyboard experience in dota, CS, and more.

Another question --- today I've met a problem or bug but it was very strange, I played SF4 and one moment I couldn't charge the focus, the problem was that 1 3 4 all R's and L's became TURBO, then tested in MKX had same shit, and why I reconnected hitbox it gone. Is there a turbo mode for right side that I ve put on or it's a real problem?

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I just hit default then turn release check off.
1 2 L2 L1
3 4 R2 L2

I only use the 1,2,3,4 and R2 button lol.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I just hit default then turn release check off.
1 2 L2 L1
3 4 R2 L2

I only use the 1,2,3,4 and R2 button lol.
hmm default is normally
1 2 R1 L1
3 4 R2 L2
how you use interaction? with 1+2 and activated shortcuts ?
How much timed you needed to use hitbox well and worth it swap from pad to it ?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
hmm default is normally
1 2 R1 L1
3 4 R2 L2
how you use interaction? with 1+2 and activated shortcuts ?
Yeah I made a typo and put an L instead of an R.

Yeah I use 1+3 for grab and 1+2 for interactables. The only time I use interactables though is when I'm near one and I'm doing a string that has 1+2 lol.

Jolt

Uprise
I use

1 2 Block Grab
3 4 Interactable stance

I think default had interactable and block swapped, I didn't find it to be particularly comfortable. I also keep all options turned off, but online I sometimes enable input shortcuts because things seem to just...not work.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I use

1 2 Block Grab
3 4 Interactable stance

I think default had interactable and block swapped, I didn't find it to be particularly comfortable. I also keep all options turned off, but online I sometimes enable input shortcuts because things seem to just...not work.
yeah you swaped block and interactable that what I tried to use first but now I think to put interaction on L1 because it's easier to use armor interaction, atm didn't found better

Last edited:

Solignac

Noob
I use

1 2 Block Grab
3 4 Interactable stance

I use something similar
1 2 Blk Grab
3 4 stance interactable

When I play summoner, I swap grab and stance because I like using my pinky to send the bat out

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
hmm thinking about this layout now
1 2 BL INT easy to make armor interaction if there is no shortcuts
3 4 ST TH easy to do ST + D2 to make brutality with sea

Solignac

Noob
To be honest, it really doesn't make much difference what you put where. I've seen some combinations that I thought were wacky but some players do really well with it. It's mostly just finding something that sounds comfortable to you and sticking with it.

There are basically 3 variations for the arcade controller... most of the what has been posted I would say is the ONE variation... all that is different is some slight tweaking of the buttons used for x-ray and stuff. Here is my take on it. I only play on arcade and hitbox.

B = Block
S = Stance
I = Interact
T = Throw

The Standard Setup

1,2,T,I
3,4,B,S

This is probably the most common setup and so far is the one most recommended. There are tons of variations that resolve around moving the Block and Stance around for easy EX and XRAY. The main feature that combines them all is the standard attacks in 1,2,5,6 positions.

The 123 Setup

1,2,3,T
B,4,S,I

This is what I call the 123 setup. As "1,2,3" is always along the top and is the main feature. The goal of this setup is for super easy ex moves on all buttons by smashing with your thumb into the 5th position, probably the 2nd most easily accessible button on the stick. Like any setup there are tons of small variations with the other buttons.. a common one is to swap the "B" and the "4" around.

The Middle Block Setup

1,B,2,S
3,T,4,I

This is what I call the middle block. The basis set up is that the block in "in the middle" like the old school custom MK controller form the arcade days. Usually the variations revolve around the swapping the "B" and the "T", which in turn means you swap the stance for easy X-Ray. The idea here is that block is extremely easy to hit with all buttons using a simple two finger punch. No stretching your fingers like a piano player.

The Pinky Situation

1,2,S,B
3,4,T,I

The hitbox and its small buttons reduce the entire hand print size of the controller, it is way way smaller than the standard arcade print. This has opened a new setup that I have tried out and also seen used that capitalises on the smaller scale. The main feature here this time is the block in the 4th position, most commonly using the "standard layout" shown here... but works well with the "1,2,3 layout" as well. the idea here is that often when playing your pinky is kind of "up" and in a prime place to tap down on the 4th position and get a block in while you two finger punch, roll tap any other buttons you like. It works surprisingly well but feels odd at first, at least to me.

block,grab,interactable,stance flip

This way I always have my thumb on a block button. And most of the time I don't have to move my hand at all. For what its worth though I have 30mm buttons rather than 24mm.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Moving this to the correct forum, Please observe the posted forum guidelines.