What's new

Question What Buffs would make Kano S-tier?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No string gaps, faster knives, safe and fast upball, choke hitting mid and being +1 on block, EX choke with the same + armor, 9f b1, 8f 1, f1 hitting mid, b2 being as fast as f3.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
-Pre-Patch knives
-Upball to be -4 or something like that on block
-B1 to be 9-10 frames
-f3 and b2 to be around 13-14 frames
-No gaps in strings
-Choke to hit mid and be +1 or something
-Ex Knives to be + on block, and hold opponent in the air on hit for extended combo damage
-Allow b112, and his f3 string to be special cancel-able.
-f12 or f11 to be + on block.
-X-Ray to not whiff randomly on certain moves
-Ex Straight ball to have proper armor.

Essentially what THTB said.

thanks for the serious replies dudes. i never played kano, what was different about his old up ball and knives?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
No string gaps, faster knives, safe and fast upball, choke hitting mid and being +1 on block, EX choke with the same + armor, 9f b1, 8f 1, f1 hitting mid, b2 being as fast as f3.
Even with all of that, it still seems like he's missing something and wouldn't be able to compete against a high level kabal player.

THTB

Even with all of that, it still seems like he's missing something and wouldn't be able to compete against a high level kabal player.
More damage and a lower hurtbox.

Tbh, Kano's design would struggle vs Kabal, regardless, unless you gave him something hilarious like straight ball normally has projectile invincibility.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
More damage and a lower hurtbox.

Tbh, Kano's design would struggle vs Kabal, regardless, unless you gave him something hilarious like straight ball normally has projectile invincibility.
Kano's design is to be a poor man's Kabal, there's no way he'll ever be able to compete lawl.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Most people have hit it here. If you are truly aiming to make him a top 3 character:

Safe upball
Choke mid (neutral or +1 on block)
ex choke has armor
Ex upball is also safe
Eliminate all string gaps
B1 9f
ex knives +4 on block
Speed up b2 so that the b2/f3 50/50 cant be fuzzied

And with all this....

He still probably loses 6-4 to Kabal, Kenshi, and Freddie, and a few others. But he would be viable.

THTB

He just has such a bad design for the game lmao...like, even with that, he still wouldn't be S tier.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
No buffs.

How about three lessons that have still not been learned?

1. Ignore the input of all online only players.
2. Ignore all players who label everything "broken".
3. Ignore players on TYM who masquerade as high level players (i.e., 90% of all users).

If NRS had followed these three guidelines, Kano would have been top 15.

No buffs.

3. Ignore players on TYM who masquerade as high level players (i.e., 90% of all users).

im confused. do you mean to say revert him to vanilla?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
No buffs.

Wonder Chef on blast.

Flagg

Noob
I dont want Kano to be S tier, I just want fine tweaking for the man.

EX knives need to be advantage on block and hit. So many of his normals are minus on block, this needs to be changed. Up ball is fine as is, I wouldn't mind an easier input for horizontal ball, but its not the end of the world. Bf would be awesome, it would make reacting to thinks like low saw, or any low projectile so much better as this move goes over low projectiles.

His choke needs adjusting some how. It hitting mid would be nice, EX grab having Hyper Armour would be gdlk!

EDIT: is this just an old bump of another thread. I thought there was talk of a patch finally. Sigh.....

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
No buffs.

lol

its a good thing you aren't a women..... or you'd not only hold grudges... you'd be vengeful.

you fit 2 of these btw.