What's new

General/Other - Tanya What are your first impressions from the Tanya Stream?

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
First somebody steals Bo'Rai Cho's Bojutsu, and now Hotaru has to donate is Naginata. What in the fuck?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Tanya looks good as fuck. Not gonna say "broken" but DAMN SON, she's looking really good. I'm just going by what I see with my own two eyes. Could be wrong, so what?

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
My guess is a lot of her specials will be unsafe, but her normals will be like sup bitches I'm top tier as fawk with my 50/50's into 50/50's wuts good.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
My first impression I saw from watching the Neatherrealm streaming Game play of Tanya

"She is Epic!!!!"

What make it even better, I called it from the very beginning I was maining her no matter how bad she was which didn't turn out to be the case.

Loyal

Now I don't have to worry about sub zero players ice clown me to death which is a relief.

im going to master all her variations.

But what im going to take in the lab first is her easiest variation to me is the one with the daggers, then pyro and last the one with the long stick blade which is perfect for sub zero PLAYERS!!!!

Cannot wait for tomorrow or just glitch the game to get it early.

:)

Malec

Noob
mixed feelings
on one hand, she looks amazing, really well designed and finished
but on the other hand, this is such a slap in the face for so many characters, who dont feel finished or well designed at all (Kitana/Shinnok).
Looking at her Dragon Naginata Variation and then looking at Bone Shaper Shinnok... I could just start crying....

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
mixed feelings
on one hand, she looks amazing, really well designed and finished
but on the other hand, this is such a slap in the face for so many characters, who dont feel finished or well designed at all (Kitana/Shinnok).
Looking at her Dragon Naginata Variation and then looking at Bone Shaper Shinnok... I could just start crying....
You read my mind, sir. I was thinking the same EXACT thing while watching the NRS stream. The whole time I was comparing everything she has to what Shinnok has and I had to do a serious face palm. It's like what the fuck man?

Drew Grimey

Wired players in CA, add me on PSN @ DrewGrimey
You read my mind, sir. I was thinking the same EXACT thing while watching the NRS stream. The whole time I was comparing everything she has to what Shinnok has and I had to do a serious face palm. It's like what the fuck man?
That's how I feel when I compare Johnny Cage to Cassie Cage

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
All she needs is a Dragon Naginata combo video made to the tune of "Bounce" by System Of A Down.

If ANYONE in this game is going to be able to give pure zoning/space control its fair due, it looks like Tanya's going to be the girl for the job.
I know when I'm in the wrong. Therefore, hereby officially disband the Tanya Must Die Campaign and apologize for anything of a hostile or ultraviolent nature I've said previously towards her.
Easily THE most interesting/fucked up looking character this game has produced, by far.
If neither Predator nor Tremor is proven superior, she will likely join Sub-Zero as my primary competitive focus.

Very pleasantly surprised.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
My first impression of the stream was excitement that we finally found out what happened to Mournful Kitana's staff normals.

inb4 Tanya's b2 can be run combo punished from max range by 85% of the cast and no one plays her.

Haha, just kidding. She's DLC; she's guaranteed to have good frames.

First somebody steals Bo'Rai Cho's Bojutsu, and now Hotaru has to donate is Naginata. What in the fuck?
I never understood why they gave a Naginata to Hotaru anyways it's usually for female warriors not males, they also stated before they wanted to give her this weapon back in deception I believe but didn't because then she would have had two weapons for stances.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I never understood why they gave a Naginata to Hotaru anyways it's usually for female warriors not males, they also stated before they wanted to give her this weapon back in deception I believe but didn't because then she would have had two weapons for stances.
Fun fact: Hotaru is also typically a female name.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
All she needs is a Dragon Naginata combo video made to the tune of "Bounce" by System Of A Down.

If ANYONE in this game is going to be able to give pure zoning/space control its fair due, it looks like Tanya's going to be the girl for the job.
I know when I'm in the wrong. Therefore, hereby officially disband the Tanya Must Die Campaign and apologize for anything of a hostile or ultraviolent nature I've said previously towards her.
Easily THE most interesting/fucked up looking character this game has produced, by far.
If neither Predator nor Tremor is proven superior, she will likely join Sub-Zero as my primary competitive focus.

Very pleasantly surprised.
Welcome to the dark side, though I must say as a big Tanya fan I found your very respectful vendetta against her extremely hilarious.