What's new

What are your favorite looking moves in fighting games?

I actually agree with you. Fatalities used to be secret and inputted really quickly. It has since turned into a 10-15 second period where you can T-bag your opponent and then make them sit through another 15 second animation of being riped apart. It's no longer hype or interesting and just adds to the toxicity. Brutalities are the natural modern replacement. X-rays were rarely used outside of closing rounds and if you were blocked or whiffed it, you were seriously fucked and had no way to defend yourself or interrupt most gaps. Fatal Blows were Boon's direct answer to people not using X-rays as much as he wanted to see them. This was documented in the lead up to MK 11's release. If it wasn't his idea, he definitely approved of it. Us competitive players begged them to make them go away (just for the round mind you) on whiff or block. NRS refused. I have always taken the high ground when it came to the nonsense in their games, but Fatal Blows... man, these things made something in me snap.
I agree that fatal blows are lame and I get you. I used to invest a lot of my time with various popular competitive games and in any of them there would always be something that I wished would be changed. Eventually I realised just to stop taking them seriously and its made me a lot more relaxed as a person. MK11 is just a casual game for me whereas I was a tryhard in the previous two games. I think the best part about singleplayer games is a lot of them let you play the game as you want it by changing gameplay settings or by simply ignoring the parts of it you dislike.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Yeah I'm definitely thinking of MKX Sub Zero's ice burst that looks like such a great get-the-hell-away-from-me attack. Who is that character? I don't think I am familiar with them.
both characters are from a famous japanese fighting game called "The king of fighters". 1st character is called k9999, his design is inspired from a 80's anime movie called "Akira" if you've heard of it.

2nd character is called Oswald, he is an assassin that uses playing cards as weapon to slay his targets. one of my favorite characters in fighting games. you can say that he is influenced by Gambit from MvC but he looks and play much cooler imo.

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
I agree that fatal blows are lame and I get you. I used to invest a lot of my time with various popular competitive games and in any of them there would always be something that I wished would be changed. Eventually I realised just to stop taking them seriously and its made me a lot more relaxed as a person. MK11 is just a casual game for me whereas I was a tryhard in the previous two games. I think the best part about singleplayer games is a lot of them let you play the game as you want it by changing gameplay settings or by simply ignoring the parts of it you dislike.
Honestly that's why I've mostly stopped playing fighting games with anyone I don't know because it just really sucks to be practicing a new character or misinput one time and get teabagged for 10 seconds because your opponent thought you used too many throws or projectiles.

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
Non-Cinematic: SFV Gill's entire moveset
Cinematic: Strive Heavenly Potemkin Buster

You sir, have figured it out. Congrats.

Thought a bit about it and here's my picks:

SF2 Ryu - Axe Kick command normal
SF2 Ken - Back throw and Shoryuken
Mortal Kombat Scorpion - Spear
Tekken Paul - Phoenix Smasher aka Deathfist (this might be my favorite ever)
Tekken Mishima's - Electric Wind God Fist (I'm trash at it but it's hella good and impressive)
Guilty Gear Sol - Bandit Bringer, Wild Throw and Fafnir

I hate all cinematic supers in fighting games aside from Akuma's Raging Demon.
I'm alright with non cinematic supers like the ones in the SF series and rage drives in Tekken.
It's not the invincibilty that bothers me, I'd be fine with non-cinematic supers having invulnerabilty frames.

Some cinematic supers look cool, but the novelty wears off after having seen them a thousand times and it just feels like somebody is pressing the pause button for 5-10 seconds during a tense moment. Feels even worse if that shit kills you.
It's the kinda shit that should stay in trailers and story modes.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I have a weird love/hate relationship with high-level SF4 El Fuerte play. It's so damn stupid looking yet also amazing at the same time?

MK9: Cyrax's B2 with the bomb overhead, Kitana's backflip with air fans, Cyber Sub's parry
MKX: D'Vorah's B12D1+3, Piercing Mileena B121+3, Kitana's BF3 (neck slice)
MK11: Fujin B11121, D'Vorah Widow's Kiss, Mileena Stabbyscotch
GG Strive: Faust's everything
Mahvel 2: Magneto's crouching heavy launcher, Dr. Doom air projectiles, Gambit's projectile super
Skullgirls: Squiggly's grave trip, Beowulf's taunt, Valentine's body bag drop

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I feel you.

Besides everything Faust does in Strive, I love:
Black Adam’s B23 into the 1+3 ender and his dive kick in both Injustice games, as well as his F12 1+3 string from INJ2
Shazam’s Herculean Might command grab from IGAU
All of Zod’s special moves from IGAU (ESPECIALLY his BF3 MB where he just traps you in a Phantom Zone mirror and then smashes it)
Raiden’s Discharge and Lightning Storm (I hope these two moves make it into future titles), his forward throw and his Lightning Strike from MK11
Raiden’s B11 1+3 from MKX
Balanced Kenshi’s BF3 (forgot the name) from MKX

Off the top of my head

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I have a weird love/hate relationship with high-level SF4 El Fuerte play. It's so damn stupid looking yet also amazing at the same time?

MK9: Cyrax's B2 with the bomb overhead, Kitana's backflip with air fans, Cyber Sub's parry
MKX: D'Vorah's B12D1+3, Piercing Mileena B121+3, Kitana's BF3 (neck slice)
MK11: Fujin B11121, D'Vorah Widow's Kiss, Mileena Stabbyscotch
Mahvel 2: Magneto's crouching heavy launcher, Dr. Doom air projectiles, Gambit's projectile super
Skullgirls: Squiggly's grave trip, Beowulf's taunt, Valentine's body bag drop
In the case of Fuerte, jank is its own aesthetic. I can't imagine seeing an El Fuerte with a smooth run animation and I don't think I'd want to.

Robo Smoke hitting you with a trident going invisible with the fist to chest and then finishing the combo is still dope to this day

Captain Marvel grabbing you and making the sky bolt hit you whilst he is raping you was epic (his whole movelist was dope looking)

sub zeros teleport in mkvdc

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
commando kano
Rambo
Sonya mk9 was dope
Reptile in all mks

wish they make some chimera with reptile speed with cancel dash + commando kano grabs and parrys.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
both characters are from a famous japanese fighting game called "The king of fighters". 1st character is called k9999, his design is inspired from a 80's anime movie called "Akira" if you've heard of it.

2nd character is called Oswald, he is an assassin that uses playing cards as weapon to slay his targets. one of my favorite characters in fighting games. you can say that he is influenced by Gambit from MvC but he looks and play much cooler imo.

Ahhhh, those days when SNK used to put so much love into their character design and animations.
I miss those days.