What's new

What are your favorite albums of the year so far, and which ones are you looking forward to?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
There has been a lot of good music floating around out there it seems this year and I have been enjoying a lot of it from a lot of different genres. There's also still a lot I can't wait to listen to and I just wanted to share and discuss some of it. :)

My favorites of the year so far:

Northlane: Singularity- This album to me is just...man it's so good. I reccomend it to all friends who enjoy the metal genre.

TesseracT: Altered State- It has a lot of comp coming up, but this is probably my favorite metal album of the year.

Fall Out Boy: Save Rock and Roll- Hate on me if you must, but I really like Fall Out Boy...always have. Am I lame now? ;__;

City and Colour: The Hurry and the Harm- I can't think of a single thing that Dallas Green has been a part of that I haven't loved, and he is one of my favorite artists. I highly reccomend anything done by him as City and Colour or with Alexisonfire.

I bought this blues compilation album the other week that is fucking awesome called Putumaya Presents: American Blues and that's what I've been listening to recently. It's called a whole bunch of the legends like B.B. King, Arthur Adams, Henry Gray etc.

Black Sabbath: 13- I was really surprised by how good this album was, Sabbath really stuck to their roots.

Coheed and Cambria: The Afterman Decension- This is my favorite album of the year, Coheed is the best...that is all.

I haven't really heard any hip hop/rap or R & B albums this year but I plan to make up for that starting with the new Jay Z today I suppose lol. (Even though I heard it's pretty bad) That's everything I can think of that I've heard, so here is a list of stuff I'm looking forward to:

After The Burial: No title that I know of yet.
Born of Osiris: Also don't know the title but I know it comes out August 20th, and the new song they put out is godlike.
Destiny Potato: Lun
Protest the Hero: Don't know a title either, but a new album from them will be great I'm sure

That's pretty much all I can think of atm I'll add more here as they come to me though. :p Feel free to post up your guys' favorites and stuff too!

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
fallout boy O.O personally i am lost on the new music this year, i mostly listen to metalcore, hardcore, death metal bands. i love parkway drive, and old as i lay dying. stuff like born of osiris and veil of maya, texas in july, asking Alexandria, miss may i. but i haven't heard any new shit really. also i hate recent as i lay dying album and asking Alexandria one :(

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
Bu Tik by Chthonic awesome black metal band from Taiwan everyone should check them out if you're a metalhead

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
fallout boy O.O personally i am lost on the new music this year, i mostly listen to metalcore, hardcore, death metal bands. i love parkway drive, and old as i lay dying. stuff like born of osiris and veil of maya, texas in july, asking Alexandria, miss may i. but i haven't heard any new shit really. also i hate recent as i lay dying album and asking Alexandria one :(
Like I said, I've always liked them idk why lol. I think I it's more along the lines that I like Patrick Stump and not really that band as a whole. I've never been a fan of Asking Alexandria, I can get down with the rest though :). Let me show you this for something new. :p

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Like I said, I've always liked them idk why lol. I think I it's more along the lines that I like Patrick Stump and not really that band as a whole. I've never been a fan of Asking Alexandria, I can get down with the rest though :). Let me show you this for something new. :p

wasn't really feeling that song :( maybe the new style will grow on me soon.

TheTetraSpirit

Kombatant
The only album released this year I've actually listened to is The Devil put Dinosaurs Here by Alice in Chains, which is some of the absolute finest material they've ever put out.

Other than that, Amon Amarth's new album is the only other thing I give a shit about.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The 20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake is the only album I've gotten this year, but I listened to that bad boy on repeat for a good month or two. :)

A lot of people I heard were somewhat disappointed in it, I wasn't at all.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
The 20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake is the only album I've gotten this year, but I listened to that bad boy on repeat for a good month or two. :)

A lot of people I heard were somewhat disappointed in it, I wasn't at all.
That's a very solid one lol.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman Descension. Flawless album in my opinion.

Killswitch Engage - Disarm the Descent. Killswitch reunited with Jesse doing what they do best.

Black Sabbath - 13. Just a damn good album by a metal legend.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman Descension. Flawless album in my opinion.

Killswitch Engage - Disarm the Descent. Killswitch reunited with Jesse doing what they do best.

Black Sabbath - 13. Just a damn good album by a metal legend.
OMG HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT COHEED! THIS MUST BE ADDED TO MY LIST! :eek:

ryublaze

Noob
Fall Out Boy: Save Rock and Roll- Hate on me if you must, but I really like Fall Out Boy...always have. Am I lame now? ;__;
No you are not lame, because I like Fall Out Boy too ;_;

but I hate their new stuff. I like City and Colour and Alexisonfire as well. I haven't really been keeping up with music. The only thing I'm looking forward to later this year is Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue Acoustic album.