What's new

Question What are you guys been working latetly?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just curious, on these last days i've been testing how these recent setups works on real battle, hard to tell yet.

But the B113 corner pin, looks legit.

Besides that, i'm learning how to AA again, i think i've decreased in this area.

AssassiN

Noob
Just curious, on these last days i've been testing how these recent setups works on real battle, hard to tell yet.

But the B113 corner pin, looks legit.

Besides that, i'm learning how to AA again, i think i've decreased in this area.
I'm still focusing on AA's, dunno what's wrong with me when it comes to AA with Skarlet but I just freeze up when someone jumps at me.
With LK and Jax it's hardwired into me and get consistent AA's.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm still focusing on AA's, dunno what's wrong with me when it comes to AA with Skarlet but I just freeze up when someone jumps at me.
With LK and Jax it's hardwired into me and get consistent AA's.
Her AA's are very inconsistent against jump kicks, they hit me every time, i can't even use D1 properly for AA.

ryublaze

Noob
With my constant transitions from old tv to new tv back to old tv and wired to wireless, I've been pretty sucky with Skarlet. I'm working more on Scorpion. <.< Also might have to stop playing MK9 for a while....

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Not much here. I haven't been to the lab with Skarlet for quite some time. I've been considering making a quick video detailing what combo's to use in what situations...but I feel like I've already outlined 95% of her combo's here.

That said, I do pay attention to the Skarlet forums and test tech that comes out as best I can to see how viable it is.

I think the Skarlet community needs to focus on the basics - spacing, footsies, punishing, and frame traps. Watching CDjr at NEC13 with Jax made this obvious. Jax only deals over 25% damage in the corner. CDjr has excellent spacing, footsies, consistently punishes, and uses frame traps. (My definition of 'frame trap' here is where the opponent has little to no frames available to them to get out of pressure, which I understand is not the technical definition of a frame trap).

Skarlet players who focus on those 4 tactics to the same degree that other top level players do will up Skarlet's presence in the top16/top8 arena.

I havent been focusing on nothing with skarlet pig is right just matchup, guys honestly quit trying to find gimmicky stuff with skarlet in the lab, those days are over, stick with the basics, and take what has been found so far incorporate wht u want and run with it, if u feel it will work use it, ive been focusing more on rain, n been using kabal OT, everything i need for my skarlet i already have, so i rarely hit the lab with her anymore.