What's new

What are they saying?!

low_kix

Noob
For the most part these characters are just yelling jibberish, but I can't be the only one who consistently hears them say very specific things. Here are some examples (sorry if you can't un-hear them after reading this)

Sub-Zero: "scorpion!" When throwing ice ball

Shao Kahn: "Kalifornia!" During spear throw "New York!" During shoulder charge

Raiden: "I need my money!" During fly (I've heard this one in most MK games) "Oh no I'm upside down" Again during fly

Shang Tsung: "You shall die soon!" And "I almost forgot!" During soul steal

Some of these I hear crystal clear

(I know this is a dumb thread, no need to tell me. Not everything here has to be super serious though right? After all... its mortal kombat)

"I am vengeance, I am the night..."

Hey i hear funny stuff too. But for the most part i understand stuff in spanish.
Its like a lot of drunk people started talking in spanish for the voices of this things.
I understand that a lot of people say "hijo de puta" (son of a bitch) lol. And many other funny stuff too hahahahah

U_JUST_GOT_CAGED

LurkDog

Noob
I honestly wonder if any of these are real... ha

"I am vengeance, I am the night..."
I fell like the "I need money" one just might be ha. I listened to it and it really does sound like that. And the fact that you heard it in most games makes it seem like maybe an inside joke just like Toasty! Was

notjuice

Skerptor And Shuan Tsi
here's what i hear with raiden's electric fly.

PICK OUT A DOGGGGG
GIMME YOUR MONEYYYYY
DIE A THOUSAND DEATHHHSSSSS
DONT PISS ME OFFFFFF
FUCK YOU QUAN CHIIIIIIIIII

low_kix

Noob
I swear when Kano does his air throw, he says "bitch"

Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Sporko

Noob
Most of the people I know heard Raiden saying "CHICKEN OF THE DAYYYY" in either MK 1 or 2. It warmed my heart, when I heard a friend of mine (who I only met a few years ago and doesn't know the people I played MK with as a kid) referred to electric fly as "do Raiden's chicken of the day".

Was good to hear somebody else heard the same thing.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
I swear when Kano does his air throw, he says "bitch"

Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
I'm about 98% sure he does. Play with/against enough Kano's and have good enough hearing to be pretty damn positive.

iWumbo

Noob
I swear I hear Smoke say "COMBO THE SUN" when he throws a smoke ball or something.
And YES I've heard Sub-Zero say "Scorpiawwwwn!" when he does an ice blast occasionally.
I'd rather not attempt to figure out wtf Raiden is saying during his Superman, but it's something along the lines of "CONDOM SPRAYYY".

I'm sure the voice actors for this game had a blast during development.