What's new

Question What are some good alt chars if you main SubbyZ?

Kombo

Noob
Yeah man, if you main Sub then charecters that work really nice with him are Reptile(since they're so similar), Ermac, Noob, Johnny Cage, Smoke, Quan Chi, Kung Lao, Liu Kang and Sektor. I go back and fourth between Sub and Reptile as mains but now I strcitly use Sub because I haven't used Reptile in so long and its going to feel like learning the charecter all over again. The charecter I use the most as an alt is Johnny Cage but only if I'm absolutely sure Sub can't get the job done. Just started learning Quan Chi and KL the other day and they're really fun to use. Thinking about picking up Raiden too. IMO in this game you want to have a good balance between Rushdown and Zoning Charecters to keep you from becoming one dimensional.

Kung Lao is my main and sub is the back up simply because you can lame out with one and rush down with the other and they are my 2 favorites in the story.

I alt Cyber Sub. This way in Tag mode, I can have two Subs. He is more offensive and mindless, although not as mindless as most other characters. Nice change of pace. You still have to be sneaky though.

I spent a lot of time trying to find a legit side character after Sub Zero has been my hands down favorite since MK1 or 2.

I've shifted from Reptile (who's hailed as one of the closer to Sub) all the way to Stryker, Sektor, Cyrax, etc.

As it stands now Sub is my main, with sides being Mileena (I love her mix-ups and her zoning) and Kabal (High-pressure and a scary person in your face, and I'm inspired by Michaelangelo, like everyone here probably)

Cyrax also seems like a very good kharacter with a lot of similarities to Sub, replace the freeze with the net, and the clone with the bombs and you have the same trap game! Force them to react to your bombs then catch them in a mistake with the net and get high damage. Overall a scary person to fight anytime.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Subs my main and I've gone back and for forth a while between Reptile, Ermac, and Smoke as my alts. I was really into Reptile for a while but Ive sort of lost interest in him. Ermacs ok just kinda boring, Smoke is easy in the same way as ermac but hes a little more fun to play so I've been sticking to him as my alt lately.

Sea.Toss

King of Swing
The lots of ya won't agree but in dire situations (especially during tournaments) in case of a super-zoner I use Nightwolf ^_O