What's new

What are each of the button functions in mame UMK3?

I just bought a controller for my computer to play UMK3 while the wife watches her "must see tv." I downloaded MK3 and UMK3 from daroms and I have mame32k. Now I just need to know what each function does on there, so I can setup my controller. Thanks in advance. And on a side note, this site is the shiznittobam!!

Thanks man.

Any idea as how to program this remote. Its a Recoil PC Control Pad. I just tried to program it with no luck, so any help will gladly appreciated!!

dreemernj

Ambassador
Can you get it to work at all? Like does it show up as a video game controller to windows?

If so, then go into MAME, right click the game and go to Properties go to and make sure to enable joysticks and set P1 to the joystick you want to use. Then hit tab in game and go to controlers and set all the buttons up.

The MAME buttons translate like this (at least for .64 through to current):
Button 1: HP
Button 2: BL
Button 3: HK
Button 4: LP
Button 5: LK
Button 6: RN

dreemernj said:
Can you get it to work at all? Like does it show up as a video game controller to windows?

If so, then go into MAME, right click the game and go to Properties go to and make sure to enable joysticks and set P1 to the joystick you want to use. Then hit tab in game and go to controlers and set all the buttons up.

The MAME buttons translate like this (at least for .64 through to current):
Button 1: HP
Button 2: BL
Button 3: HK
Button 4: LP
Button 5: LK
Button 6: RN
No .64k translates like scheisse posted, that is the one for all newer ones and modded versions, like he said.