What's new

West Coast Warzone Podcast with EGP_Wonder Chef and hAZ_King Hippo

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
So for a while now, there has been consideration of doing a podcast with players centric to the Western part of the country so they can add their take on the thoughts and events surrounding the greater community. That time is now. Myself and EGP Wonder_Chef have decided to form a podcast dedicated to discussing the ins and outs of our communities and bring a different perspective from the attention typically focused on our Eastern brethren.

Topics include:

-Mine and Chef's backgrounds in fighters

-Snobbery in fighting games today

-Why the West Coast needs a podcast

-Green Lantern

-Deathstroke

-Too many majors

-SCR Cap drama

-Backround on the AZ and SoCal scenes

-The plight of Super Arcade

And more!

While this initial pilot episode, if you will, is just Chef and I, we are definitely going to be introducing/integrating more West Coast personalities as we go on. An MP3 of the podcast will be made available later today once Chef returns from his job as a samurai for his local shogun.

Please follow both of us on Twitter (@KingHippo42 and @EGP_Wonder_Chef) for updates on future episodes and co-hosts. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I'm still really sick so my voice was shot and I wasn't talking as much as I could have. Will be better (or dead!) by next week though.

Haha, as predicted and expected from one of the topics in the podcast regarding TYM, the podcast topic isn't even shown on the front page.

Oh hush, I'm just jerking your chains, oh no jokes staffs. :p

On topic: Pig seems like the hot-headed kind of guy that whenever he's emotionally discharging his opinions, best reply is "Point taken.", "Ok." and just finishing it at that without going back and forth that will just make him even more invested and emotional in the convo.

Course, because he's such an emotional guy, he's also a good morale anchor for the community. Pros and cons.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Oh hush, I'm just jerking your chains, oh no jokes staffs. :p

On topic: Pig seems like the hot-headed kind of guy that whenever he's emotionally discharging his opinions, best reply is "Point taken.", "Ok." and just finishing it at that without going back and forth that will just make him even more invested and emotional in the convo.

Course, because he's such an emotional guy, he's also a good morale anchor for the community. Pros and cons.
So this is discussed lol

Will listen , was gonna listen anyway but more curious now. I'll repost full history if need to so people understand my reaction

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Also shoutouts to whoever made the picture that I used for the Youtube video, I don't remember who it was.

Also despite that picture we didn't talk about 16 Bit OR Brady at ALL.

Crathen

Death is my business
Props on that stealth WCW abbreviation , fully agree on the DS stuff and to clarify that impact frame discussion the data is about startup not impact so if a move is 9 frame it's actually 10 frame impact so you can punish -10 but not -9.

Any guests in the next episodes?

Cabronium

Stream monster: Qperg.
I do have some suggestions to improve the podcast! But i did think it was great!
1. I think if you all had a set like 3 or 4 people makes for a good podcast. If you could get Tyrant or Theo on as a co-host that would attract a lot of attention because of their Injustice accomplishments.
2. Establish a consistent time when WCW will be posted. Weekly sounds great to me ;)
3. having a guest is always great! People really enjoy hearing top players voice their opinions
4. Get some hype for upcoming tournaments. Blowups are a must :D (props are nice too), Top 8 predictions, up and coming players to look out for.
5. Level up the community. Discuss MU's and options in certain situations and character discussion in general interesting.

Great podcast, hope to hear more in the future.

KingHippo thank you for the acknowledgements towards the end when discussing the cultivation of a local scene. It means more to me than you may think.