What's new

Were HP Values Just An Afterthought?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Was in training mode against Sheeva and noticed she had the same amount of health as Shang Tsung. So I went and checked all of the dlc characters. None of the Fighter Pack or Aftermath characters have more than the default 1000 health. Seems like they just gave up on the idea of characters having different health values. Seems weird Joker has the same amount of health as Terminator or Sheeva

Doubt anyone here will know what I'm talking about but there was a game called Fat Princess where every character had different health values then for the dlc all three new characters had max health.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
It was a very rare adjustment made to a handful of characters. I doubt anyone would know if they gave up on the idea, but I can say I'd like for them to. I think life is a lame balancing tool. I really dislike the whole use of it.

If I do 250dmg I'd like to be able to really know I did 25% and not have to try and mentally work out having done 25ish dmg. Not everything has to be a balance dial.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
They def forgot about it

It's fucking stupid Kotal has 10% extra health, and equally stupid Joker has 1000 health

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I'd prefer them to either commit to it and make more characters with different HP values or just drop the idea altogether. When so few characters have values different from 1000hp it just looks lazy (tbf it is).

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yes, they were definitely an afterthought considering they added it last year in a random patch.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
I dont think it was an after thought. It seemed more like something they meant to implement at the beginning but it got skipped for time. Khans were desgined to be slower & tanky. While Earthrealm females strike faster and can take fewer hits. I honestly wish they would make some more health adjustments.