What's new

General/Other Well done Tom Brady

Dark_Rob

Noob
Sub mirrors are my absolute favorite thing in MK. They're why I <3 Sub.
It's the ultimate test of wits.

It'd be like playing chess with Gary Kasparov, if Russians could wield ice and yelled SCOOBIYA.
Listen to me closely Boxy. No one, I repeat NO ONE has played more Subzero mirror matches with Tom Brady than I have.

It is not fun.
You will play stupid and do dumb things because he will make you do them.
You will want to kill yourself.
Then you will want to kill Tom.
You will curse MK9.
You will curse the Lin Kuei and Subzero.
You will wakeup in the middle of the night in a cold sweat from nightmares about being in the corner.
You will want to kill Tom.
If you dont have the lifelead, put the controller down.
The timer is your enemy, but its Toms friend.

That is all.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Listen to me closely Boxy. No one, I repeat NO ONE has played more Subzero mirror matches with Tom Brady than I have.

It is not fun.
You will curse MK9.
You will wakeup in the middle of the night in a cold sweat from nightmares about being in the corner.

That is all.
I <3 you, Fearless Leader, but all you're doing is making me want this fight even more.
Hell, I more or less built my Sub with everything I've learned studying Brady.
What better way to test my mettle and truly gauge the power of my own frozen fists?

Please, Tom. Come to ECT. F4 me in the face. I have to know my limits so I may destroy them.
I feel like there's a reason the only fucker in this game I can really win well with is Bi-Han.
The road to Level 100 goes through #12.

(Fuck the Patriots. The real ones, I mean. Just throwing that out there.)

Dark_Rob

Noob
I <3 you, Fearless Leader, but all you're doing is making me want this fight even more.
Hell, I more or less built my Sub with everything I've learned studying Brady.
What better way to test my mettle and truly gauge the power of my own frozen fists?

Please, Tom. Come to ECT. F4 me in the face. I have to know my limits so I may destroy them.
Dont say I didnt warn you lol
Tom will be at ECT.

Odoyle

Drops combos
I'd love to play Tom in a Sub mirror as well. I know I'd have about a 1% chance of winning but I wouldn't care I'd still enjoy it. I'm very confident in Sub mirrors I'd love the chess match against the master. Maybe, just maybe he'll be willing to play a match or two with me at MLG or EVO. :) I'll be going to one of those for sure.

Dont say I didnt warn you lol
Tom will be at ECT.
we still got to run that denzell vs brady sub mirror :) will be the best sub mirror in mk history. Unfortunately we got to wait till june, but time goes by fast and it'll come around. As far as best sub goes, denzell doesn't mind people saying tom's the best sub. As for tom tho, that's a whole other story lol.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet but Tom used ex slide way back against Mr Mileenas Kitana trying to ass out after he had him in the corner. Pretty sure it was Devastation. Despite losing he played an extremely patient game. He was also the first person I saw that simply walked back against her f21 and punished with 22~iceball. Now every fucker does it lol.

Can't wait to watch tbh.
He played absolutely different against Mr. Mileena at Devastation imo. Patiently, yes, but very different styles, man. At Devastation he was chasing Mr. Mileena whenever he had life lead or not. At Power Up 2012 whenever Tom had life lead he played the "come to me" style instead of chasing 16 Bit all over the screen.

Lol why are people so surprised with the anti-ass maneuver? He's been talking about that counter since like November.
Talking =! doing.

Tom vs King = match of the year do far
I couldn't agree more, man. I can count on my hand the few times that I actually scream watching a match in a fighting game. This was one of few.

we still got to run that denzell vs brady sub mirror :) will be the best sub mirror in mk history. Unfortunately we got to wait till june, but time goes by fast and it'll come around. As far as best sub goes, denzell doesn't mind people saying tom's the best sub. As for tom tho, that's a whole other story lol.
Yeah, it's a whole other story. Simply because NO ONE else mains Sub-Zero. Imagine yourself putting 1 year of practice and training and experience and shit then someone that doesn't even main the character saying that he is better than you at that particular character?

He played absolutely different against Mr. Mileena at Devastation imo. Patiently, yes, but very different styles, man. At Devastation he was chasing Mr. Mileena whenever he had life lead or not. At Power Up 2012 whenever Tom had life lead he played the "come to me" style instead of chasing 16 Bit all over the screen.

Talking =! doing.

I couldn't agree more, man. I can count on my hand the few times that I actually scream watching a match in a fighting game. This was one of few.

Yeah, it's a whole other story. Simply because NO ONE else mains Sub-Zero. Imagine yourself putting 1 year of practice and training and experience and shit then someone that doesn't even main the character saying that he is better than you at that particular character?
tom does play sub more i won't lie, but going lao vs chris g was hilarious lol. Denzell would nvr be scared to go sub vs chris g or any reptile for that matter. Besides that, tom will usually play sub. Denzell cares about tournament results more than being the face of a character, which is a smarter decision.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
tom does play sub more i won't lie, but going lao vs chris g was hilarious lol. Denzell would nvr be scared to go sub vs chris g or any reptile for that matter. Besides that, tom will usually play sub. Denzell cares about tournament results more than being the face of a character, which is a smarter decision.

I missed that fight. I was at Power Up? Did Tom win or Chris G was the one who sent him to losers?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

It is not fun.
You will curse MK9.

That is all.
I envy you, yet never want to go through that again.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Tom lost to chris g, he sent him to losers.
Yeah, I gotta agree with you. No need to pick another character against Reptile. If he was going to pick KL or Raiden it should've been against 16 Bit's Kitana imo.

Just my 2 cents, obviously I don't want to tell him how to play.

Yeah, I gotta agree with you. No need to pick another character against Reptile. If he was going to pick KL or Raiden it should've been against 16 Bit's Kitana imo.

Just my 2 cents, obviously I don't want to tell him how to play.
agreed lao and raiden the choice for kitana. Sub definitely the choice for reptile.

Yeah, but it is for everybody... some can do it very well... others not... people are different... so all the majors are not serious because of that? I dont think so. Double Elimination Brackets with a best of 3 for every match works very well for serious tournaments, we all know that, we all know serious tournaments(almost every big tournament in the world) with this rule-set.

As a pro player you has to have a very fast thinking, a top mind game, a top execution, etc etc etc... you have to deal with this short adjusting time like everybody else, the better player with those things win, fair enough. It is a tournament... after it you can play a best of 100 if you want, but in a tounament, thats impractical.... unless you want a 30 days tournament for 1(one) game... hehehehuehue
2 wrong guessed mixups ends a round, 4 rounds and it will be over. Theres no time to adjust to anything in 4 rounds, it will be some guesses and nothing more. We obviously knows that we cant do ft10 but people should to start looking for ways to improve it. Last MLG shwed the direction. They did bo5 all the way till the finals and no one died or anything.

The thing is, the randomness of the results are inversely porportional to the amount of matchs the guys had to play.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Really? I wish I had him as my spare partner to play him on daily basis. lol
maybe if I used another character. Sub mirrors are not fun, they just aren't. You over think things.
I'd watch him play other people all day. His casuals were also very awesome to see, I wish you could of seen him and iKizzle play each other. As well as against Waffelz's smoke.

In any case. If no one else does it... i'm going to get his matches up ... and cut parts out of them to show what he was talking about against Kung Lao and Kitana. As well as showing a few things that he did overall that helps keep Subs corner pressure going. I was there a lot :(

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
maybe if I used another character. Sub mirrors are not fun, they just aren't. You over think things.
I'd watch him play other people all day. His casuals were also very awesome to see, I wish you could of seen him and iKizzle play each other. As well as against Waffelz's smoke.

In any case. If no one else does it... i'm going to get his matches up ... and cut parts out of them to show what he was talking about against Kung Lao and Kitana. As well as showing a few things that he did overall that helps keep Subs corner pressure going. I was there a lot :(
I get it. I bet Tom is as 'lame' as it gets (meaning: get life lead and stay behind clone for the rest of the round), but that's how Sub has to play against mirror match, right?

And wtf Murphy? Why you haven't released it yet? :D

Did you recorded any of those casuals???

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I get it. I bet Tom is as 'lame' as it gets (meaning: get life lead and stay behind clone for the rest of the round), but that's how Sub has to play against mirror match, right?

And wtf Murphy? Why you haven't released it yet? :D

Did you recorded any of those casuals???
he isn't lame... he is methodical.

I didn't... my phone is horrid :(. Tom has ways to make his 6-4's even for sure. He has found simple and eloquent ways to use some characters strengths against them. It is awesome to watch for sure.