What's new

WELCOME BACK, BROCK LESNAR.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I <3 you for knowing what I was talking about :D.
I was a huge CZW fan before the company changed hands and proceeded to get even shittier than it had already become. I used to go the Philly shows every month, along with like 4 of the TOD's. So much fucking fun.
Here's an example...Nick Gage. Best thing to ever happen to CZW. Currently in jail for robbing a bank.
TOD 8, we're out in the field of Deej's farm (a legit farm - cows, chickens, moo, prairie, hay bales, the works) in a circle of herbal happiness before the Finals. Previously mentioned Gage VS Thumbtack Jack, the new guy from Germany who would go on to completely dominate the scene until he blew out his back, in what would be a GRUESOME match, and Gage, who was a friend of mine & Lady Box's - we even made him a cake in the hopes he'd strap lighttubes to it and hit someone with it - comes out to the circle to join us in celebration of his big day, and he is happy as a motherfucker to be doing what he does, he's all smiles, bantering to all the marks and such, and after his partaking, takes off to have his match.

5 minutes later, he takes a between-the-ropes bump wrong and literally impales himself on a skinny light tube (long story short, the big ones implode & break near-harmlessly, the thin ones snap off and stab if hit wrong), has to be flown out via helicopter, the match ends in a giant onthefly glass-filled battle royal, he dies for 8 seconds on said helicopter ride, and comes back a month later as though nothing happened.
LOL I remember that. Gage's belly was like split open. And he still wanted to keep wrestling. That crazy fucker.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
LOL I remember that. Gage's belly was like split open. And he still wanted to keep wrestling. That crazy fucker.
We were fucking terrified. Evidently, he didn't hit any organs, but a bunch of arteries and shit. One of my ol' pals was across the way (in the vid of the bump, he's the heavy dude mouthing "IT'S FUCKING BAD" across the way) described what he saw like he'd seen his insides hanging out, so pretty much everyone on hand thought he wasn't gonna survive the trip.
The screwed up thing...is that the amount of catastrophic injuries to come out of deathmatches for the longest time wasnt that big, but the most memorable ones almost always came from either that stupid fucking bump, the get-thrown-through-the-ropes-AND-the-tubes bump, or thinking they're Japanese and going with thin tubes. Gage got hurt, Drake got hurt like three times, Necro almost died, Diehard's shoulder, the list goes on...that was also the show that debuted the needles gimmick & where Whacks threw the most insane Spear EVER at Jack through the ropes and his giant weapon and almost broke his neck when he hit the ground.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
PWB members....... exist within TYM??!?!?!?
a surprise to me

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's still gonna be dry with all these returns, unless they ditch the PG
also, only like a tenth of WWE arena crowds are good... crowd reaction and involvement plays a huge huge part in wrestling

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
also, only like a tenth of WWE arena crowds are good... crowd reaction and involvement plays a huge huge part in wrestling
They've been pushing the boundaries a LOT with the Rock/Cena back and forth as far as what they can get away with; I think they're finally trying to find a comfort zone where they can somewhat appease the pro-TV-14 fans while not breaking the TV-PG rules.
I just want tables. Lots and lots of tables.
My favorite thing about wrestling as a whole has always been watching people destroy giant table-based constructions.
Old Dudleys/Hardys/Edge & Christian matches = $$$.
Bryan Lee V Tommy Dreamer in High Incident = $$$.
New Jack almost killing Vic Grimes by throwing him off the scaffold = $$$. Plus, Vic had it coming.
XPW had some CRAAAAZY bumps in its heyday.
Basically, if people are falling off of high perches through lots of tables, I'm a happy guy.
I love wrestling - technical, puroesu, deathmatch, hybrid, lucha libre, the works - but I <3 <3 <3 tables.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
More ultraviolent nostalgia for the bloodmarks in the room.
(NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART)

And, something a little more civil. One of my favorite bumps EVAH:

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
As long as Linda McMahon is running for Senate, the PG era isn't going anywhere.

Big Frog

Dojo Trainee
Not to derail but

It does seem like Brits (at least the Brits who have been in the UFC/Strikeforce) ignore the wrestling aspect. Bisping is the only Brit to go pretty far and I still feel like he hasn't proved himself for a title shot. I usually give every guy a chance, but Bisping vs Anderson would NOT be pretty.

and back on topic, I say good for Brock. Always liked the guy. WWF/UFC to now, always enjoyed watching him. Cena is getting tooled lately hahahahahahahahhahahahahaaa