What's new

Weird Shang Tsung glitch in MKT on PS1.

F4tal

Noob
Hey guys, just wondering if what I am experiencing is a glitch or not. I own Mortal Kombat Trilogy on PS1 and whenever I play as Shang Tsung and transform into another character, the screen freezes for a second before he transforms. Anyone have this problem or does it happen for a reason? I would post a video but I can't sadly.

Espio

Kokomo
It's pausing to load his character transformations. You should go into options and turn that off.

It comes with a price though, which is him not being able to transform into as many characters, but makes playing as him more fluid and smooth without those longer pauses.

F4tal

Noob
It's pausing to load his character transformations. You should go into options and turn that off.

It comes with a price though, which is him not being able to transform into as many characters, but makes playing as him more fluid and smooth without those longer pauses.
Thanks it was bugging me because I thought my game was messed up. Also, the announcer doesn't say round 1 or character A wins, is that common?

F4tal

Noob

Actually nevermind, the announcer just doesn't say round 1,2,3. I heard the PS1 port is really glitchy and the load times are really bad. Is the best version of UMK3 and MKT on N64?

nwo

Noob
Actually nevermind, the announcer just doesn't say round 1,2,3. I heard the PS1 port is really glitchy and the load times are really bad. Is the best version of UMK3 and MKT on N64?
The best version of MKT is up for debate.

The best versions of UMK3 are the arcade cabinet, MAME, Xbox360 2006, MKAK. Probably in that order.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
It probably doesn't say the rounds cause the cut those out of the PS1 port to make space.