What's new

General/Other Weird Hawkgirl icearrow bug

Not sure if this is known, but I found a really perplexing bug with Hawkgirl. This has happend to me once or twice on ranked but I figured I was just imagining it...but I was finally able to replicate it in training mode a few times.

When Hawkgirl does her mace charge attack and an icearrow hits her and puts her in a frozen state, there's actually a chance for her to block the followup attack. I went at it in training mode with dummies for a bit and it looks like its super timing specific. The ice arrow has to hit her almost exactly when she's upside down getting ready to shoot forward. Hit her at any other point during the animation and the frozen state works normally.

I don't have videocapture equipment or I'd post a video. Probably not enough of a bug to be a major issue...but it could cause a random upset.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This has happened to me with more than just Hawkgirl...

It has happened against Grundy and others as well. I hope they know about this but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. It almost seems too random... Almost..

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I play Hawkgirl a lot now. Mainly to counterpick against Superman with a rushdown locally. She's kind of odd as her mace charge and wing evade 2 and 3 all seems to have frames where she flips or is jumping around quickly in such a way that it messes with her. Sometimes you get this block things and sometimes bizarre stuff will whiff. I have no clue what causes it. I've actually had her do the Wing Evade into overhead thing and during the flip folks would literally be touching her and the attack would count as whiffed. Cut through both Bane and Doomsday's running specials.

I think she has frames where her hurtbox gets messed up or something. Not certain why she nets a block during some of these after ice arrow though. I'll ask around the Hawkgirl boards to see if folks know any specifics on these weird things.

ando1184

Noob
Are we sure that its not just registering as a cross up? I mean she flips so maybe facing the other way is being registered and she blocks???

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Are we sure that its not just registering as a cross up? I mean she flips so maybe facing the other way is being registered and she blocks???

She kan block after she's frozen... Don't understand how a kross up would change that..

And also, like I said: It's happened against Grundy and a few other characters as well.

Espio

Kokomo
I play Hawkgirl a lot now. Mainly to counterpick against Superman with a rushdown locally. She's kind of odd as her mace charge and wing evade 2 and 3 all seems to have frames where she flips or is jumping around quickly in such a way that it messes with her. Sometimes you get this block things and sometimes bizarre stuff will whiff. I have no clue what causes it. I've actually had her do the Wing Evade into overhead thing and during the flip folks would literally be touching her and the attack would count as whiffed. Cut through both Bane and Doomsday's running specials.

I think she has frames where her hurtbox gets messed up or something. Not certain why she nets a block during some of these after ice arrow though. I'll ask around the Hawkgirl boards to see if folks know any specifics on these weird things.

Wing evade options have invincibility frames at certain points, but they mentioned mace charge which doesn't have those same properties.

ando1184

Noob
She kan block after she's frozen... Don't understand how a kross up would change that..

And also, like I said: It's happened against Grundy and a few other characters as well.
All in all, sounds like it's a bug then. Hopefully NRS will fix this as well