What's new

General/Other Weird bane stuff/discussion

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I looked through the forum and saw nothing on this and I had a bane player rage quit on me the other day so I thought I'd post this. It seems banes super is considered a command grab, and because of that other command grabs make it whiff? I only know for sure of one example, and that is grundys trait grab. Doing it at any point before the animation connects makes them both whiff and give each other a kind of awkward hug. Another thing I know any bane main must have noticed but I didnt see when browsing is that buff and debuff effect all damage including interactables.

To make this thread not useless I would also like to ask what your opinion is on using level three venom?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Basically heres how I judge level 3 venom.
Is level 2 about to run out and I've landed a starter (b.23, for example)?
Do I need level 3 to maintain pressure?
Is the match about to end?

If any of those are yes then I'll tap 3.

You should progress to level 3 any time you're on the offensive and you'll be able to do any damage. You want to maximize your damage, and being in debuff and landing a combo is throwing away damage.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Technically aren't all his fast stands and such doofball weird shit unintentional? I know stuff like D2 raging charge in the corner on a dummy in training and when they stand you get to see a corpse rocket launch across the ground to the opposite corner like a dragster can't be intentional. I'd laugh my ass off if I could meter burn that and summon the spirit of Randy Savage to possess that elbow to fly from corner to corner.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Technically aren't all his fast stands and such doofball weird shit unintentional? I know stuff like D2 raging charge in the corner on a dummy in training and when they stand you get to see a corpse rocket launch across the ground to the opposite corner like a dragster can't be intentional. I'd laugh my ass off if I could meter burn that and summon the spirit of Randy Savage to possess that elbow to fly from corner to corner.
Surprisingly, it seems if you do certain commands sooner than usual you can get odd results.
For example, 113 into Mb b.3 can only be done if you go into the b.3 immediately, despite some strings being able to stall for a lower launch. Sometimes, the MB elbow acts in the same way.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Does anyone else get a weird misread input on some cross ups. This happenes when I play grundy or bane. I do my jump 2, it lands cross up, I connect a b2 immediately afterwards, instead of getting b2 I get f2. Same this happens grundy only much more consistently. Grundy does any combo into swamp hands, you go for a j2 into the reset, if the J2 ended up crossing up then you still input b1 from the side you were originally on to get the overhead, if you do the b1 for the side you are now on you will get his f1. Im not sure if other characters have this problem.