What's new

Week 3 Character Salt report

mfkaoz

Banned
Who was taking his words as fact?
Everyone in Pig's thread where he said he was dropping Kenshi that was cosigning him without a second thought. Unfortunately the thread was deleted so I can't go back and quote some of the shit said but if you took a look in there then you know what I'm talking about. The hypocrisy on tym is incredible, man and I know you can't be this blind not to notice it. I've been saying this from the beginning, people's opinions get shit on just because they aren't someone that places in tournaments. Everyone's opinion is viable and open for discussion. Not saying that there isn't room for disagreement but where were the people saying "it's only been two weeks" in every other thread? Why didn't they say that to Pig?

in what universe?

so yesterday i've been killed by 40% combo into reset into another 40% combo by some hacks i guess
Errr, I guess you missed the part where I used the word "METERLESS". She needs meter to get her 50/50 in Hollywood and it's not even safe (the nut cracker move).

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
He's well rounded and so far I don't think he's got any killer match-ups. He'll hold his own. He's got some offensive holes though, actually. I can't put him on the same level of the top tier.
There's holes in his offence, only if you leave them there. Besides, he's more hit & run than straight up offence.

Rean

Noob
Errr, I guess you missed the part where I used the word "METERLESS". She needs meter to get her 50/50 in Hollywood and it's not even safe (the nut cracker move).
you dont just throw it out, you do it in combos when its always safe?
and meter is hardly an issue for cassie, considering round ends before you can spend it all lol.

one bad guess and you basically lost the match

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
How the hell is GORO shit tier? 2 unblockables one can even be directed where to land to prevent dashing away, A grab and 5 neutral strings and multiple hit armor punchwalk is thats what u consider shit tier? Quans Bat will vanish if u trying to spamm it upclose. And do you realize that takeda is the slowest character in the game?
Shhhh, Goro sucks. #NeedsBaneBuffs

As much as I love playing kitana there's no doubt that she has problems. I'm not going to stop playing with her but it would just be nice if reflect/parry had faster start up so they're actually useful. This would also suit her playstyle in this game.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
"Broken characters" - Kung Jin , Quan chi , Cassie , Sub , Jax. (Allegedly)
"Ass Tier" - Shitnnok (see what I did there) , Kitana , Kenshi , Mileena.
"Under the radar but probably top 5" - Raiden , Dvorah , KUNG LAO.

That about sums it up.
Whoa, Mileena's on the ass tier with Shinnok, Kenshi and Kitana?

When did this happen? :(
Last I heard she was mid-tier.

I really really really dislike Kung Jin. Not because he is strong or overpowered. I just really dislike his character design, looks, moves and damned bow. Archer? How lame. In story mode I used tokens to skip fights with him.

Guess some people do have chars they dislike for no gameplay reasons like me :D Also Shinnoks fish face. and stupid hat :p

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Did I read right? Dude said Cassie was weak because she's not safe on every move? Every time I see somebody ask for a buff or a nerf it's because they have a couple options that aren't safe or they're missing a 50/50... Idk what to tell you guys but every character can't have every tool that every other character has, and having unsafe options as well as safe options is a part of fighting games. You can't just expect to press any button and be safe regardless.

RexxyC

what's done is done
See, the difference between the Shinnok board and the Kenshi/Kitana board is that Shinnok players don't have a bunch of people who don't even play him coming into their threads and telling them how good he is.
WHERE ARE THE LIES HERE

"Broken characters" - Kung Jin , Quan chi , Cassie , Sub , Jax. (Allegedly)
"Ass Tier" - Shitnnok (see what I did there) , Kitana , Kenshi , Mileena.
"Under the radar but probably top 5" - Raiden , Dvorah , KUNG LAO.

That about sums it up.
Sonya is awesome. So is scorpion.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
ITT: Imagined accusations of being cheap by playing Kung Jin (which is like asking a guy with a Porsche, "hey is that your Porsche?" and he answers "Yeah, I drive a Porsche NO I DON'T have a small dick or a midlife crisis". It says more about you and your hyper-defensiveness than anything else) disrupt discussions of Kenshi mains' salt, leading to the top Kenshi main (a multiple tournament winner and Evo finalist) being accused of being carried by his characters by some KJ main, who also accuses said world-class fighting game player of ducking him online. Not ducking him at a tournament mind you, where it actually matters, but online.

I've defended KJ and will again because it's far too early to call for nerfs but the random defensive outburst clearly betrays insecurity that you aren't actually as good as you think you are and are carried by your character, thus projecting that insecurity onto someone who's almost certainly a top 10 NRS player. And before I get accused of nuthuggery, yeah I like Pig. I think he's overreacted slightly on the Kenshi thing, but I still like him. That's entirely irrelevant to him factually being one of the best NRS players in the world.

Add a slight dash of some just plain incorrect Cassie downplaying and baby, you've got a TYM first-month thread going.

Last edited:
How the hell is GORO shit tier? 2 unblockables one can even be directed where to land to prevent dashing away, A grab and 5 neutral strings and multiple hit armor punchwalk is thats what u consider shit tier? Quans Bat will vanish if u trying to spamm it upclose. And do you realize that takeda is the slowest character in the game?
Hes an improved version of mk9 sheeva, thats all, hes zoneable and too big, lots of highs connect on him ducking, kitana trashes him :D