What's new

Week 3 Character Salt report

"Broken characters" - Kung Jin , Quan chi , Cassie , Sub , Jax. (Allegedly)
"Ass Tier" - Shitnnok (see what I did there) , Kitana , Kenshi , Mileena.
"Under the radar but probably top 5" - Raiden , Dvorah , KUNG LAO.

That about sums it up.
Cassie isn't broken, IMO. She has crap damage, doesn't have a meterless 50/50 (unlike some other characters), isn't + on every string/move (again, unlike other characters).

I would give it time, maybe from now on to evo, Kenshi, Kitana, Shinnok, Goro and the other buttom tier chars, get some improvements, nothing is written in stone, and also the retarded stuff should get patched, like the KJ F3 anty wakeup, Quan needs some time till he can use the bat again so he gets tonned down a bit, hes just too good, instant forward jumping punch has to go, ermacs glitch, kitana (jade version) infinite, jackys retarded full auto gun shot recovery on wiff, low pokes that are + on block like takedas, having them + probably was a programming mistake.
How the hell is GORO shit tier? 2 unblockables one can even be directed where to land to prevent dashing away, A grab and 5 neutral strings and multiple hit armor punchwalk is thats what u consider shit tier? Quans Bat will vanish if u trying to spamm it upclose. And do you realize that takeda is the slowest character in the game?

Rean

Noob
cassie has everything, literally everything.
crazy good spammable normals that are safe
crazy fast high/low mixup moves
combo reset into vortex
fast speed
decent enough armor wakeup
she can even freaking zone with her pistol

not broken my ass

D

Deleted member 9158

i don't think quan chi is broke, from what i seen and heard, aparently once you knock him down and start pressuring him, he's at a massive disadvantage with very little he can do. I dunno about you guys, but to me that sounds like it balances out his amazing zoning and offense. It just makes sense.
The only option on wake up is in his warlock variation, and no one uses warlock.

Cassie isn't broken, IMO. She has crap damage, doesn't have a meterless 50/50 (unlike some other characters), isn't + on every string/move (again, unlike other characters).
Cuz Johnny Cages daughter doesn't have Johnny's signature move that leavs you standing after a combo :joker:

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Like I said , this isn't MY opinion , just a general consensus on what everyone is saying. WITH THAT BEING SAID , her missiles have an absolutely rediculous hitbox , they are plus , and they are high/low mixups with NO recovery , she is top 5 in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 9158

Warlock Portal stab 50/50 reset ftw
I know, I main Warlock Quan. Through all the salt over Summoner, Warlock is ignored and no one knows how to deal with being looped to death with Portal Stab reset.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I'm salty that Kano wasn't the most salt inducing character this week. :(

B1 is fair and balanced you guys. :DOGE

He needs it you just don't know.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
OK, and he's still not a better character. And that's not even touching on characters like Jax and Raiden.
Currently, I see nothing in this game that can overpower Kung Lao, he's pretty much like the Ryu or Jago of this game, he has an option for everything. No massive weaknesses.

Who knows if he'll end up better or worse, but I keep finding stuff that makes him better.

mfkaoz

Banned
Let me just say this lol. Pig knows I have nothing against him, he's always been cool with me. I do have a problem with the people that take every one of his words as scripture and then scrutinize the regular members of tym. I support Pig's decision for dropping Kenshi, it's the smart thing to do. Going into tournament with a garbage character is only gonna hurt him in the process when he could be playing a much better character that will have the tools to deal with whatever he's up against. Character loyalty is overrated. Like Coach Dungy said "You play to win the game." Same thing applies here.

I'm just asking you guys to have more of an open mind instead of just taking what someone with some top 8 placings says as fact. It is still entirely too early to completely write off a character. Yeah, Kenshi may be bad now but who knows, someone could find some crazy tech or he could end up getting buffed. Whatever, I'm done trying to fight with you guys lol. Best of luck to you in the future @Pig Of The Hut I hope you find a character that will bring you success. As for the dickriders, hold these balls real quick.

coolwhip

Noob
Currently, I see nothing in this game that can overpower Kung Lao, he's pretty much like the Ryu or Jago of this game, he has an option for everything. No massive weaknesses.

Who knows if he'll end up better or worse, but I keep finding stuff that makes him better.
He's well rounded and so far I don't think he's got any killer match-ups. He'll hold his own. He's got some offensive holes though, actually. I can't put him on the same level of the top tier.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Let me just say this lol. Pig knows I have nothing against him, he's always been cool with me. I do have a problem with the people that take every one of his words as scripture and then scrutinize the regular members of tym. I support Pig's decision for dropping Kenshi, it's the smart thing to do. Going into tournament with a garbage character is only gonna hurt him in the process when he could be playing a much better character that will have the tools to deal with whatever he's up against. Character loyalty is overrated. Like Coach Dungy said "You play to win the game." Same thing applies here.

I'm just asking you guys to have more of an open mind instead of just taking what someone with some top 8 placings says as fact. It is still entirely too early to completely write off a character. Yeah, Kenshi may be bad now but who knows, someone could find some crazy tech or he could end up getting buffed. Whatever, I'm done trying to fight with you guys lol. Best of luck to you in the future @Pig Of The Hut I hope you find a character that will bring you success. As for the dickriders, hold these balls real quick.
Who was taking his words as fact?