What's new

**WEEK 18** STBL Show questions Thread!!

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
**WEEK 18** STBL Show questions Thread!!

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1

Hello everyone... thank you all for watching and making each episode a success.

Character : NIGHTWOLF

Date : SUNDAY Sept 18th

Time : 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern

Guest : LordoftheFly!!

** post all questions in this thread **

Thank you all for watching, see you next show!!

Azean

D1 for days
Not a Nightwolf question, but I was wondering if Tom was trolling when he said he'd make great tournament great experience T-shirts.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
General question first:
How do you deal with playing on monitors at a tournament with significant input delay?

Nightwolf question:
Why the change in tier placement for Nightwolf?

Another question: I sometimes find myself having trouble against keep-away Nightwolf players. They can avoid crossups and jump-ins by doing a shoulder charge, and reflect pretty much nullifies zoning attempts. How should I play against this?

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Is it true they are going to nerf Raiden's teleport in the upcoming patch and if so, what about his teleport dependent combos such as 3, 3, 4, teleport, 1, Shocker....?

As always, thanks for the show, guys. I'm excited about you guys spotlighting such a great and underused character tonight, so hope you don't mind that I have a lot of questions:

1. Nightwolf's done a lot of fluctuating in tier lists, despite being one of the characters who's changed the least. I know the game develops all the time, but what are the changes that have caused his fluctuation and where do you think he sits in the tiers now?

2. Do you think his game still has considerable room to be fleshed out and developed the way some others have been?

3. Can you talk a bit about his best and worse matchups, especially within the top 10 or so characters?

4. I've noticed what seems to be a glitch with his d3 and d4. When I poke my opponent with a block string like f312, sometimes I'll try to follow that up quickly with d3/d4. But quite often it comes out as standing 3/4, which is ridiculously slow and gets me punished. I'm pretty sure it's not my execution. Is this a known issue?

5. I recently started incorporating more use of naked hatchet into my game, and so far I've had a lot of success. Its reach seems to catch people off-guard a lot, and even on whiff it seems hard to punish. It also seems to be surprisingly effective on wake-up, even ignoring some projectiles with its wake-up frames. Am I just playing bad players, or is this a legit tactic?

6. What are some good tactics to counter in-air fireball spammers like Kitana and Kabal? Reflect is tough to use since their projectiles often (but not always) whiff overhead.

7. Are there particular tips to making the lightning/ex lightning trap harder to escape?

8. On stream, I often see Nightwolf players opt to do a long string of dashing 1's for a combo after landing a hatchet or close ex lightning, and I was wondering why this is, when you can end with his BnB string for more damage.

Sorry to ask so much, but thanks for helping!

when is best to use f2, i like that as a poke but it seems like it has a slow start up but worth the safe jump afterwords

is 23 a good string to utilize?