What's new

**WEEK 16** STBL Show questions Thread!!

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
**WEEK 16** STBL Show questions Thread!!

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1
Hello everyone... thank you all for watching and making each episode a success.

This week we will be covering QUAN CHI. Tom will not only provide us with full in-depth strategy to play with this character, but also complete information on how to play against him/her. Also, we will have a guest (to be named later) on each show going forward.

Week 16's show will be next SUNDAY Sept 4th. We are going to schedule to start at 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern again.

Please post all your questions here! This makes it easier for VULCAN to find to create our re-ordered thread for the show.
**If you need to post a question within 2 hours from the show start time, please put them in the new thread that Vulcan creates each week. If you post in this thread late we more than likely will not see your question.

Thank you all for watching, see you next show!!

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hey Silent and Tom, as usual awesome show
How is Quan Chi's pressure game?
What strings do I need to watch out for?
He seems to have a lot of low and mid strings
What disadvantages does he have to these strings?
Slow start, easy to interrupt, punishable, cant hit confirm, etc.?
Are they made safe by cancelling into skull?

Also, how is armour on exdrop gonna affect his game?

btw this is all from the perspective of a sub zero player

Albo

Noob
1. how many recovery frames does quan chi have from a whiffed sky drop and a whiffed ex sky drop when he lands in front or behind the opponent?

2, regarding the rumored patch, if you want to and are allowed to answer, is the armour on quan''s ex skydrop only going to be active when he's rising? is the armour going be active when he's landed behind or in front of the opponent for example?

3. i've noticed you can use his d1, d4, standing 3 and standing 1 as anti airs and link them with trance, skull, rune and drop. would you recommend using these as anti airs rather than uppercut since these lower your hitbox, have less recovery, link into combos and so on? if so which of these would be best to use as an anti air until your opponent counters with jumpkick?

From what I understand, Quan Chi has a decent projectile, great meter game, and has both a low and overhead combo starter. So what exactly is it about Quan that makes people say he's low tier? Other than his wakeup attacks, does he have any major flaw?

Also, what are some good strategies to use against Quan Chi?

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Tom and Silent1, thank you both for this great show you put on for the mk community - I and many others truly appreciate what you guys do. My question this week is a general one...what do you recommend doing to get out of a tournament rut? What I mean by that is I'm not performing to my fullest abilities (dropping BnB combos, missing punishes, ect.) and (with all due credit to my fellow players) sometimes losing to players I normally beat in casuals. I appreciate any advice you could give to someone in my place...

HAN

Great stuff on the show tom and silent1, ill be tuning in tonight

I heard CSZ is a nightmare for quan chi, can you explain why?

and also, would you consider NRS giving quan chi a wake up rune?

*and also, if you could tell the reptile players how RETARDED super armor on exacidhand would be, it would be appreciated.

Can you give a general breakdown of the character from the standpoint of playing AGAINST them (e.g. general weaknesses, problems that could be exploited, strategies to use, etc.).

Thanks again to you both for the show, and thanks to Tom for the Cyber Sub vs. Human Sub matches with REO at SJ5 as well as the match videos on his YouTube channel. Shout-outs to low-pokes as anti-airs...WTF?!