What's new

General/Other We should stop complaining and find solutions

Cobrajoey

Auto Pilot
hey everyone, i just wanted to start this thread after reading the forums since the game has launched. And i feel that everyones been complaining and talking about character buff wish lists more then finding solutions and labbing.

so far i have read and only a handful of people actually post a good threads. Example like , punishing combos, practical combos, footsie game, neutral ground, defending and blocking, stage enviroment advantages, match up solutions and strategy. we should focus more on the problem at hand. even simple things like meter management will be a good tread to start. so what if NRS doesn't buff our main character lobo, we should take this disadvantage with pride and deal with it.

Just my 5 cent point of view. post more videos hopefully, learn each character match up, find out which move to bait and punish them. what can we lobo players do to get the game against armor characters, zoners and rushers. Finding good spacing for neutral ground game play or defending and blocking etc. its a good thing that NRS gave lobo a good buff for shotgun and power trait speed, we should find a good way to fully utilize this buff to our advantage. example like a 112 or 113 combo power trait cancel for a safe nuclear shell load.

stop talking about wishlist buff and complaining about bad match ups ! long live lobo main players !
:mad:
anyone got problems against armor characters like grundy or bane or doomsday or even lex luthor? we can start a match up thread if anyone got any suggestions.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
From a distance, He can jump forward or neutral jump, d+3 to close the distance. I prefer neutral jump, because it seems like the faster projectiles hit him on the way up if I try to jump on reaction. Slow and steady gets me in and usually, they're backed into or close to the corner. Then, the shenanigans begins. I feel his oki game is his where his strength lies and the ability to read the opponent makes him dangerous in the right hands.
Opponent grounded, close to Lobo (now remember, this is based on his habits and reads)
If your opponent has the habit of waking up with:
Back dash: Low Sky Hook. Shoulder charge. MB to keep it safe. It's -8, so it's not *too* unsafe. Oki again
Any jump but jump back: Shoulder charge. The chain hits, brings them back to the ground, then the shoulder scraps them. Oki again.
They stay there and block: (!) Czar toss. (2)2,1, to low sky hook. That's a mid (whiff, depending on distance, 2 (a damn near half screen overhead), to low sky hook (and even longer low). If they can't block it, okie resets. If they can, I can switch up to 2,1, Czar toss on BLOCK. (3)Pressure with 1,2 THEN czar toss.
They jump forward: standing 3, or spin cycle.
They use wake up attack: his hard knockdowns generally leave him out of range for their wake ups anyway. Block and punish accordingly.

Usually, I let the first two oki set ups go to determine what they will try to do (I do nothing but walk back to see what they WANT to do on wake up). After the 2nd, maybe 3rd oki (I'll load trait if I remember), I get a good idea of what they want to do and punish accordingly. It usually results in a snowball effect where I take an insane amount of damage before they can gain any semblance of momentum back, if at all.

KingKuma

Noob
B1,2 Trait is a safe way to get trait up.

Unless you're god like and can land the D1 xx MB Toss consistently I think you're better off just hit confirming into trait. Once you have trait up you can confirm into the rest of the string for like 19% damage I think.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Well my little tidbit. Whenever they block b1,2 d1 do another b1,2 d1 it'll usually beat out their counter poke and if they block it again they'll fear getting hit so you can sneak in an instant air d3 or if you're feeling ballsy a b2u1 into full combo.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
After b1,2, I usually d1, to buffered low space hook. This is after I see the opponent has the need to hit buttons after they block (which is 80% of the time). Then the oki shenanigans begin..