What's new

We have a problem here

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm not sure if it's just me and my mobile device (HTC Droid DNA) or if it's the site itself, but it won't let me watch linked videos anymore. When someone posts a link of a video from YouTube, it displays the video, but won't open my YouTube app to watch said videos.

I would use the internet browser and videos wouldn't even show up so I switched to Chrome where they now show up. Within the past few weeks tho, I'd have to say that it has stopped working and I'd rather not have to use my computer or search YouTube endlessly for the video. If anyone knows why this happens or can fix the issue @CrimsonShadow it would be very much appreciated.

Edit: I'm salty that I can't watch SonicFox's Batgirl tech :(

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
on my iPhone I can only watch linked videos using the Safari browser. Dolphin and Chrome break them. Although it's weird, if it loads the page and click the video as fast as I can it WILL play in Chrome.

Stupid fucking phones.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
@CrimsonShadow I think it has something to do with the new update that Droid implemented a few weeks ago. Ever since the update whenever I back out of Twitch, I need to reenter the channel in order to see chat and participate.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
@CrimsonShadow

This entire site still runs like dog shit on mobile. (Not directed at you) Any idea when we're going to get someone to actually work on the site to make it run better?

The tapatalk conversation was over a month ago. Any word on what's going on?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The video displays itself, but won't open in the YouTube App or browser.
Ok -- so that means it's not just us (since that link is from SmashBoards); maybe your browsers updated themselves recently in a way that broke some things on certain sites?

Edit: Yeah, based on what you were saying it sounds like newer versions of your phone software broke some things.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
@CrimsonShadow

This entire site still runs like dog shit on mobile. (Not directed at you) Any idea when we're going to get someone to actually work on the site to make it run better?

The tapatalk conversation was over a month ago. Any word on what's going on?
Hey Chaosphere -- so yeah, sorry about the slow hike; we are waiting on someone who takes a longer time to do things, but is needed for some of the bigger changes required to get to the next phase. I'm pushing for what we need to get there, but I can't make it go any faster by myself at this point.

We are working on it though -- so I'll try to keep everyone up-to-date as we gradually advance to the next milestone.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Hey Chaosphere -- so yeah, sorry about the slow hike; we are waiting on someone who takes a longer time to do things, but is needed for some of the bigger changes required to get to the next phase. I'm pushing for what we need to get there, but I can't make it go any faster by myself at this point.

We are working on it though -- so I'll try to keep everyone up-to-date as we gradually advance to the next milestone.
Thanks crimson. You rule.