What's new

WAZZ 2nd USA MK2 PS3 TOURNAMENT

wazz

Noob
Tourny will start Monday january 4TH

yup thats rite am hostin 2nd usa ps3 tourny for u us PS3 GUYS. since my 1st usa tourny went well 0:)

16 player tournament

Brackets will b hosted on hotbrackets.com

BRACKETS

http://hotbrackets.com/brackets?bracketid=575

PLZ POST UR PSN

PLZ NOTE THIS IS FOR PS3 USA MK2 PLAYERS

Once i get al 16 players. then i will make a Pulling names out of hat video youtube. then tourny shud start shortly :D

16 player tournament (0 spots left)

who hav sighned up so far

Classicmk-------------------------PSN

1 ninjalord---------------------- gamemk
2 david_GEM---------------------david_GEM
3 frznsldr------------------------true_frznsldr
4 Vassago187--------------------Vassago187
5 btbb99-------------------------btbb99
6 Konqrr--------------------------Konqrr
7 GoldenOreos-----------------------Golden_Oreos
8 dudemcrude---------------------MackerFieldLives
9 real_talk718---------------------real_talk718
10 Kaz----------------------------ectonaut
11 kingpdoubleR-------------------kingpdoubleR
12 kensidj-------------------------kensidj
13 fusion117-----------------------fusion117
14 dookiebrain---------------------dookiebrain
15 AriaDelano----------------------AriaDelano
16 foozer----------------------Foozer1

RESERVES

1 foozer---------------------------Foozer1 (taken warios spot)
2 ninjalord-------------------------gamemk (taken dciguy spot)
3 Drewicide------------------------Drewicide
4 Davey_8000----------------------DaveOelectro

Droped

1 Dciguy01-----------------------Dciguy01
2 Wario7414----------------------Wario7414

RULES
------

- Exactly 16 player spots. If 16 players cannot be found, first round byes will be awarded at random

- Best of 13 matches (not first to 7, therefore every match must be played even if you have accumulated the majority of wins)

- once brackets are posted, you will receive 1 week to complete your quarterfinal match with your opponent and post results of your match by 11:59 pm est of the deadline date.

- You do not need to record your match, but please write down your scores (ie. 4-9 or 6-7) and character matchups if you remember them.

- tourney duration will be 2 weeks (1 week for quarter finals, 3 days for semis and 3 days for finals, 1 day for CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH) Deadline for reporting scores will be posted.

- to avoid unfair counterpicking, all matches MUST be done using random select.

Disqualifications
---------------

- If a player selects a character without random select that match will NOT count. If you accidentally pic liu kang or reptile than the match will not count and be omitted. (If you need to message your opponent in game for whatever reason then let the timer run out on the character select screen)

- if a player willingly quits than that player is eliminated for the entire tourney *lag exception see below

- if a player no-shows a match or does not complete the 13 matches they are disqualified

- if a player does not post results of their match they will be disqualified

How to post results of ur games
------------------------------

remember to have a pen and paper ready when u play ur games so u can write down ur results after each match

example

1= wazz56
2= smoke
3= wazz56
4= wazz56
5= smoke
6= smoke
7= wazz56
8= smoke
9= smoke
10= wazz56
11= wazz56
12= smoke
13= wazz56

Exception
---------

- if connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory than the player has a right to report it. (if you click the ps3 button you will see if the person is still playing mk2... if it doesn't than they've manually exited the game).

- In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back within a few days of your matchup and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.

- *you will have up to the 3rd match to quit on account of lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 3rd match is played you must continue the rest of your 10 remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this asap in this thread in order to get a new opponent other wise you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to quarterfinal matches. Semi's and Finals must be played regardless of lag.

- if a person is lagging severely with several people, that player may be removed from the tourney.

- if a person is DQ'ed, and another opponent cannot be found for the remaining player, then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, than the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in quarterfinals. if a replacement player is needed in the semi's or finals, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie than the winner will get to pick.

Update concerning lag:
to optimize internet speed, if you have a computer or laptop running in the background while playing, for the duration of your matchup:

please DO NOT

- have any torrents running
- any downloads running
- youtube or streaming video running
- any intensive internet surfing
- any 2.4 ghz cordless telephone calls

this will ensure a solid connection

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'd like in on this. I can actually win if I am focused like I was the other night lol

PSN is Konqrr

Nice - I'll give it another go since Kaz took me out the first round last time..hopefully I'll do better this time :)

PSN ID: xMichalex

D

david_GEM

From the looks of it, the list may fill up in a week. it would be AWESOME if u were in. but i really dont think the bracket will last by then.

btbb99

Noob
i would love to see realtalk join along with fusion, foozer, aria, kaz, and sushi. that would be sweet. although that would make my chances of getting out the first round alot smaller lol.

D

david_GEM

there's a little bit of hope with fusion joining. foozer isn't. aria's pretty reliable when it comes to tourneys, sushi... THAT WOULD BE SWEET. kaz is my main man, he can do whatever he wants. lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
real_talk in the tourney? Ohhhhh boy. The former 32 player champ makes his return to action!