What's new

Guide Wayne Enterprises Technology

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
This is meant to be a compilation of all tech/strats that we find. The reason? Ease of use and accessibility.

So...let's start with Rapzilla's F23 hard knockdown set ups:

Rapzilla: "Whats going on guys,

Except for the first combo in this video the trick to getting the hkd (hard knockdown) is you have to hit the b3 at an even level, meaning his foot must meet the characters face in a straight line or slightly below. What this does is your opponent flies back at you with less of an arc, allowing the j2 to hit on top of them.

Your options are b1 string; MB b3/f3; cross up j2 (crosses up inputs); block and punish.

I threw in some high damaging 1 bar + trait corner combos and give a slight taste what ending with j2>d3 can look like."

Next, we have KRYS9984 New Trait Re-Charge Combos:

KRYS9984: "With the recent V1.06 patch, I decided to put together a compilation of trait recharge combos.

The purpose is to showcase combos that keep your opponent in a juggle state long enough to recharge 1 bat trait once completed.

This form of "bat management" will allow players to go in for additional pressure once the opponent is knock down / getting up or create a situation where Batman can effectively turtle / zone with one bat while another is recharging.

I also wanted to make sure the content was accessible to everyone; the timings are not extremely strict and can be performed online / offline / under the stress of a match. Some executions are slightly more advanced than others but with practice, all options are viable.

If you feel you can add or replace anything seen in this video, go right ahead and share your findings; I simply recorded what I felt was most consistent for each given combo starter.

Please note that the damage indicated includes 3 hits from bat trait (about 1% from total after scaled) as well as a J2 starter. If you omit the J2, the damage will be slightly reduced.

00:00 - J2 - 1,1,2 - MB Straight Grapple - J2 - 2,2,3 - B3 - J3 - B2,3 42%

00:11 - J2 - 1,1,2 - MB Straight Grapple - J2 , 2,2,3 - B3 - J2 - J2 - B2,3 42%

00:25 - J2 - 1,1,2 - MB Straight Grapple - J2 - 2,2,3 - B3 - J2 - 1,2,3 - B2,3 42%

00:38 - J2 - 1,1,3 - B3 - J2 - 1,2,3 - B2,3 38% (meterless with 80% charge)

00:49 - J2 - 1,1,3 - xx - 1,2,3 - B2 - MB Straight Grapple - B3 - J3 - B2,3 40%

01:02 - J2 - 1,1,3 - xx - 1,2,3 - B2 - MB Sky Grapple - B3 - J2 - B2,3 41%

01:14 - J2 - B1,1,3 - B1,1,3 - B2 - MB Straight Grapple - B3 - J3 - B2,3 37%

01:28 - J2 - B1,1,3 - B1,1,3 - B2 - MB Sky Grapple - B3 - J2 - B2,3 38%

01:40 - J2 - B1,1,3 - 1,2,3 - B2 - MB Straight Grapple - B3 - J3 - B2,3 39%

01:52 - J2 - B1,1,3 - 1,2,3 - B2 - MB Sky Grapple - B3 - J2 - B2,3 40%

02:06 - J2 - 2,2,3 - B3 - J2 - 1,2,3 - B2,3 38% (meterless with 80% charge)

02:18 - J2 - 2,2,3 - B3 - J3 - B2 - MB Straight Grapple - J2 - 1,2,3 - B2,3 42%

02:30 - J2 - 1,2,3 - J2 - 2,2 - MB Straight Grapple - B3 - J3 , B2,3 41%

02:42 - J2 - 1,2,3 - J2 - 2,2 - MB Straight Grapple - B3 - J3 , B2,3 43%

02:54 - J2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3 - B2 - MB Straight Grapple - B3 - J3 , B2,3 42%

03:07 - J2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3 - B2 - MB Sky Grapple - B3 - J2 , B2,3 42%"

Some advice on ending combos with D3 by Rapzilla: "As most of you know ending with either of Batmans hard knock downs (b112 and sky grapple) when you dash in, if you go for a cross over J2 you'll jump to far and if you back up a bit and delay you're really tipping your hand to your opponent.

After a Mb grapple if you do J2>d3 you now have the cross over J2 in your aresenal. Also if you dash while they are on the ground you enter the center of their body making a NJ2 rather ambiguous. Vs some characters like GL this is a nightmare because the NJ2 or J2 destroy all their wakeups, so they will be forced to block your string.

And the best part is this set up is only 2% less than ending with MB grapple> J2> b112 and 1% more than ending with sky grapple (granted, sky grapple is meterless).

This is also very effective in the corner, setting up the cross over F3, along with the ambiguous NJ2 after a dash."

Want to see this information applied in a way to make wake-up attacks whiff? Well, look no further than ryumanjsen.

ryumanjsen: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/crossup-f3-midscreen.38638/ (I could not find the video on YouTube to post it. If someone can, I will edit this.

Next, we have Coolwhip's Corner of Death. I'll allow him to explain it.

Coolwhip: "Inspired by @Mikman360 and @Coddfish 's Corner of Death for Deathstroke, Batman has something similar in the corner, with some variations and different set-ups.

PS: I don't know if this is new tech or not (I'm sure it is known), but I haven't seen it discussed at length here.

Essentially, it revolves around ending corner combos with B112 to get a hard knockdown. From there, the F3 can cross them up or not, depending on your timing. If you do cross them up, you can put your opponent right back in the corner with Up Grapple leading to the same set-up. Once you condition your opponent to fear the F3, you can mix things up. You can dash over them and do a quick neutral jump for a potential ambiguous cross over (need to test this out further), walk up and grab, or surprise them with a low (another B1) since they'll get up blocking high expecting the overhead. I'm sure you guys will be able to figure out further set-ups.

PS: This has been edited after @R.E.O. pointed something out: B112 only leads to a hard knockdown if the opponent is grounded. Therefore, you have to set it up with MB grapple first. Slightly modify any of your basic Batman BNB corner combos and spend a bar instead to get this set up (with B2 into MB grapple, and finish the combo with B112).

Here's the new video, with the untechable, true hard knockdown set-ups."

Cool Whip expands on this showing some nice B112 set-ups in the corner.

Cool Whip: "So in a previous thread I posted a video about Batman's "Corner of Death" where he can end a combo in the corner with B112 to get a hard knockdown (opponent needs to be grounded, so it requires a bar of meter to get a MB straight grapple first), and choose to cross opponents up or not with F3. If F3 crosses up, Batman can put the opponent in the corner again by ending the combo with up grapple for another hard knockdown. If it doesn't, he can just do MB straight grapple for another B112. Meaning that either way, he's kinda looping the set-up.

In this video, I show some of the ambiguous cross-ups Batman has access to after a hard knock down off of B112 if you opt not to go for another B112 (something that was briefly discussed in the other thread)."

Here is a write-up I've done concerning corner set-ups/combos with car bomb interactables:

Rude: "Greetings, every one! NRF Rude here again with some very interesting options involving interactables and Batman's corner game.

I want to preface, as always, by saying that if this is already known, you may feel to dismiss this as you will.

Now, what we're going to discuss tonight is how Batman can interact with certain objects in the corner. This is a beta version of a full guide I intend to make later, but the principles should work the same no matter what corner interactable you're using. The only requirement is that it involves a bomb that can launch the opponent, but does not destroy the interactable.

So things like Wayne Manor's car bomb, Metropolis, and the robot in the Hall of Justice.

This was all done on Wayne Manor, so other stages will be tested later. Still, I do believe the same principles work across the board.

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, let's get down to it: It is my belief that when you're fighting in stages that have explosive corner interactibles, all corner combos should be ended with MB Grapple. This isn't news. We do it all the time. Resets, negating wake-ups, etc.

However...in these special corners, we have another option. We can perform a cross-over jump and activate a bomb. The stun lasts long enough for the jump and the hitboxes on these explosions are so long that most opponents cannot get away from the follow-up explosion. (A note: I need an actual human to test Zod and Black Adam's abilities to escape this, due to their powerful backdashes.)

What happens when we activate the explosion is that we get an extra, unscaled 18%. Better yet, we get a grapple opportunity to place them back into the corner. You can choose to MB it and repeat the situation over again.

Here is an example of how this affects combos:

J2, 223, J3, 123, B23, rb, MB Grapple = 40%

Now, add the car bomb explosion and you get and additional 18%

J2, 223, J3, 123, B23, rb, MB Grapple, cross over jump, car bomb = 58%

J2, B23, dash, 123, B23, rb, MB Grapple = 40%. Car Bomb added = 58%

J2, B112, 123, B23, rb, MB Grapple = 30% Car Bomb added = 48%

J2, 123, J3, 123, B23, rb, MB Grapple = 38% Car Bomb added = 56%

A VERY Important note when performing this: You have to time your jump carefully. If you do it too fast, the explosion will count as apart of your existing combo and cause your opponent to splat away from you. You don't want that.

Another Very Important Note: Straight Grapple is entirely clashable.

Upon discovering this I was very disheartened. What good is a trap if an opponent can escape? It was then that the idea of an unclashable version of this could be possible.

Same set-up as before. Only this time, you have to make sure they're closer to the edge of the interactable. It's not too different from where they stand from the jump. The further away from the edge of an interactable you are, the different ways the gravity behaves. Well, you commit to the set-up and when they come flying toward you, immediately throw out a batarang and IMMEDIATELY meter burn it. Do not wait for it to touch them. The MB Batarang cannot be clashed. (If training mode is to be believed).

If executed correctly, you've earned 21%. So tack on 21% to existing combos if you choose to end this way.

But wait...there's more.

What if you don't have Bats? Well, I've got you covered.

Here are Batless combos:

223, J3, 123, B2 MB Grapple = 28% Car Bomb Version = 46%
113, F3, J2, 22 MB Grapple = 25% Car Bomb Version = 43%
B113, 123, B2 MB Grapple = 19% Car Bomb Version = 37%

After the explosion, you can choose to zone with Bats, or execute grapple to repeat the situation.

But wait...there is more! Yes, even more!

Say you want to cross up your opponent. If you cross up with 123, b112, or 223, you have a very interesting set-up option.

Say you cross your opponent up in the corner with the previously mentioned options, off of any of those strings you can cancel into MB sky grapple to toss them back into the corner. Again, this isn't news.

What IS news is that you can dash underneath them as they bounce from the MB grapple and activate the car bomb. The explosion happens almost as soon as they land. When they are hit with the explosion, their bodies are tossed toward you in a "splat" fashion, allow you more follow ups.

From the "splat" you could do Bat Swarm and launch for a corner carry combo, or cross-over for more mix-ups, or anything else, really.

Here are the damage values:

J2, 223, MB Sky Grapple = 23% Car Bomb = 41%
J2, 123, B2, MB Sky Grapple = 22% Car Bomb = 40 %
J2, b113, B2, MB Sky Grapple = 21% Car Bomb = 39%

Now, I still need to test this last bit versus wake-up attacks, as I'm not sure if they can execute one or not given that they're not on the ground for very long before the explosion happens. I also need to test the first half vs. backdashes.

Still, what you have here are very different options for what to do in the corner when you're faced with an interactable."

Showtime expanded on interactable tech with The Batcave.

Showtime's Corner Interactable set-ups:

Continuing with Corner Shenanigans, Beef Supreme came up with this:

Beef Supreme: Ok so In the corner I found that off of b113, if you time a follow up b23 just right you will actually roll under the opponent. Opening up some crazy cross up shenanigans to reverse wake up inputs beat others all together etc etc.

You basically need to hit them at their highest point after being launched by b113, its kinda tight but you will get the feel of it after a few tries. You can also get more damage by using this to follow up on a hit confirmed 112~straight grapple MB. Since that is a ground combo.

Pardon the online practice mode, there was a little lag so I drop a lot of follow ups. Shout outs to @Killin Natzees for recording and editing it.

Hope to see cool ideas born from this.

Here's what I have so far for After the cross under roll:

- you can dash forward and it will push their body back into the corner before they can wake up.
-mbf3
-call bats and then punish non-advancing wake ups with long active frames
-immediately cross over to mess up wake up inputs and full combo punish
-neutral jump punish some advancing wake ups.

This is all very match-up specific and you will need to see where you can apply it.

Enjoy!

DoctrineDark has done us all a huge favor my sharing with us a new vortex set-up. I will allow him to explain here:

This is a simple variation of NJ2 into Vortex, this setup maintains the same properties and is not risky, j1 must be as low as possible.

Another little nugget from DoctrineDark:

This is a high level tech, I know that nj2 on block is a risk but it has its advantages in damage and gives to batman a new option to his game, an instant overhead with a combo possibility of great damage.

This is the exact combo configuration for NJ2 overhead works (Only this for now, I am working on more setups)

Pros:
- A new option (Low: b11 or this new overhead: nj2...)
- Midscreen
- Fast Overhead Combo
- Great damage of 37% Meterless (Afer connect nj2)
- Only two options for the opponent (standing block or crouching block)

Cons:
- Instant j2 on block is full combo punish
- One bar for EX grapple
- Requires a perfect calculation

DoctrineDark also has been kind enough to show us a variation on the work he's done for the corner:

Well, batman 22 vortex is known for a long time, but now I bring this new setup for corner. This works fine against big hitbox characters, also against normal box but the time for normal chars is very strict.

I'm working to make this possible against all the cast or the majority, in fact I have already some mid-screen setups but are totally different to this, anyway I'll be uploading more stuff for mid-screen.

As more tech/strats are discovered, I would like to continue editing/enhancing this post.

AK GamerBlake
@RapZiLLa54
DoctrineDark
@ryumanjisen
@KRYS9984
coolwhip
Showtime
@G4S|NRF|UCC BeefSupreme

Obviously, this should totally be stickied. Yup.

coolwhip

Noob
I hope this is stickied. Great stuff. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but let's make sure everything is still viable post-patch. If already have that covered, awesome.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Very good.

But I think what the batman forum and other people need is a thread of what doesn't actually work with batman, I see tons of stuff that batman players are not getting punished for.

Most people will think that this is fine, but eventually, it will catch up with batman players, and the gimmick and random string inputs just won't cut it, like: 112 from jump ins and not corssovers, B11 Trait, 22 ''reset'' into anything other than standing 12, not blocking confirming your stances from MB batarangs, B112 wiffing on certain characters and distances, random grapples after B23 on block etc.

This needs to be addressed next as it is far more important. Batman can win with fundamentals, standing 1 reversals and trait wiff punishing alone, not forgetting the constant frustration to you can make the opponent feel.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Very good.

But I think what the batman forum and other people need is a thread of what doesn't actually work with batman, I see tons of stuff that batman players are not getting punished for.

Most people will think that this is fine, but eventually, it will catch up with batman players, and the gimmick and random string inputs just won't cut it, like: 112 from jump ins and not corssovers, B11 Trait, 22 ''reset'' into anything other than standing 12, not blocking confirming your stances from MB batarangs, B112 wiffing on certain characters and distances, random grapples after B23 on block etc.

This needs to be addressed next as it is far more important. Batman can win with fundamentals, standing 1 reversals and trait wiff punishing alone, not forgetting the constant frustration to you can make the opponent feel.
How is b11 Trait not good? It grants enough advantage that Lex Corpse Charge cannot interrupt plenty of follow ups. I've tested this myself, and all of the standing 1 strings, 22, and (in a much tighter window) b11 strings can all interrupt the charge.

Am I missing something?