What's new

Was MKx censored?

I was watching a match between Forever King and Sonic Fox both playing Predator
http://www.twitch.tv/epicgl/b/682061943?t=31m52s

And I couldn't help but think the blood is much more pronounced. Then I remembered that MK9 was banned in Australia and MKx wasn't.

Dose anyone know if they toned down the gore in MKx after development was nearing the end. It kinda "looks" to me as if the blood in Predator is the default, but as it was green they let it flow.. but for the red human blood it was reduced for censorship reasons.

I'm not complaining, and I understand that there is a attempt to be a little less cartoonish in this version. Still I see the Predator blood and can not help but think.. if that was red, there is defiantly MORE than when the humans fight...and I kinda think I would prefer more gore?

??

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
MK9 was unbanned in Australia before the release and possibly even development of MKX however. That being said, MKX upped the gore from there so may have run the risk of being re-censored (we have an R18+ rating now which got MK9 through, but they now do this bullshit where they refuse to classify things instead).

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Sorry but this makes no sense. The fatalities are some of the most gruesome in MKX history.

The reason blood doesnt flow as much is because it is annoying to competitors. A lot of people think Predator bleeds way too much.

are they more gory though? I'm not sure. They are pretty much the same, but I think there is a argument that MK9 was a lot worse. Like Scarlet cutting a throat and bathing her face in the blood and stuff. There is a similar think for Kotal Khan... but the MK9 version more graphic.

I'm not saying MKx isn't gory... but there are tricks you do in media to reduce your rating. I see it in TV and Film all the time. One of them is "darkening" the blood. There is a reason for example that in Guardians of the Galaxy than when the bad guy crushed that dudes head with the mallet and the blood seeps into the pattern on the floor is is nearly black and not bright red.

Still, I think there is a focus on the wrong part of this thread. I'm more asking about the blood in the normal matches vs the blood in from the Predator. Red is gory.. green is not.. so they are "allowed" to put more in.. but they didn't just programs special stuff did they. It "seams" that the original intent was that much red.. but there was some decision to not use it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm not saying MKx isn't gory... but there are tricks you do in media to reduce your rating. I see it in TV and Film all the time. One of them is "darkening" the blood. There is a reason for example that in Guardians of the Galaxy than when the bad guy crushed that dudes head with the mallet and the blood seeps into the pattern on the floor is is nearly black and not bright red.

Still, I think there is a focus on the wrong part of this thread. I'm more asking about the blood in the normal matches vs the blood in from the Predator. Red is gory.. green is not.. so they are "allowed" to put more in.. but they didn't just programs special stuff did they. It "seams" that the original intent was that much red.. but there was some decision to not use it.
Again, they toned it down during matches because it annoyed a lot of players and got in the way of the actual fighting.

yeah I get that some people think that.. but if that was true.. why was it turned up for predator again? I think the "toned down" was for gore reasons not for player experience, as if that was true, why would they change it for predator?

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
If you feel so strongly that youre right run a test and see. Do the same sets of moves on Preds and someone else and compare.