What's new

Warner Bros takes down fan-made Mortal Kombat HD remake

Justice

Noob
I've always wondered how these things worked. Are you not allowed to create and distribute a form of art through an existing IP? If so, why is fanart allowed?
You're not but there's more things to consider when talking about these things. Fanart isn't allowed but most companies allow it for 2 reasons:

1) The internet is too big to police. This is also why most hentai of popular games is allowed to exist.
2) It's a publicity thing. Some companies just allow it with restrictions because they dont' want to risk alienating the hardcore consumer that supports them and some feel that they are untouchable and are douchebags.

WB really needs to work on their customer service and ideologies. I mean, I'm in a fight with them right now because I can't download Rock of Ages to my iPhone simply because the company refuses to get on board with Ultraviolet....

WB games has all the rights for all MK games. that's why they doin what they doin'. and that's why they can do whatever they want with this.

NeckolasBone

You don't mess with ze Bi Han!
Ofcourse this thread ends in speculation about a new MK, rather than further highlight such a tragedy.....seriously come on man.