What's new

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces Injustice 2 GameStop Hometown Heroes Tournament

Clutch8

Noob
Hey,

More details to be released hopefully by next week. This will operate similar to the Pro League. Here are some differences:
- GameStop is the title sponsor
- Instead of 1 cup every week the US is divided into 8 regions. Players compete in their region for 10 weeks online.
- 1 region is featured every week in a top 8 broadcast.
- After 10 weeks, top 4 players go to a designated GameStop store in their region to compete in the Regional Finals. ESL Burbank Studios will broadcast remotely, with tournament operator and correspondent on site (I will hire a FGC pro to handle the tournament inside the GameStop store in each region).

Website, schedule, sign-up details coming to you soon.

Thanks!

P.S. The online cups are 3/5, double elimination.

E

Eldriken

Hey,

More details to be released hopefully by next week. This will operate similar to the Pro League. Here are some differences:
- Instead of 1 cup every week the US is divided into 8 regions. Players compete in their region for 10 weeks online.
- After 10 weeks, top 4 players go to a designated GameStop store in their region to compete in the Regional Finals. ESL Burbank Studios will broadcast remotely, with tournament operator and correspondent on site (I will hire a FGC pro to handle the tournament inside the GameStop store in each region).

Thanks!

Hire Kitana Prime if you're gonna hire an FGC member for anything.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Online cups on Sunday. 1 Online Regional Broadcast every Wednesday 5pm - 8pm PDT from our ESL Studios in Burbank.
awesome!! Any word on who will be casting?

KP would be my top pick if you wanted a ace caster!!

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
If you live in Canada, pick which region you want to play in. Toronto should pick NYC, Montreal can pick Chicago, Vancouver goes with Seattle, etc.
So Canadians get to pick which scene we want to play in? I'm not sure who would voluntarily pick the NYC scene since SonicFox is there lmao

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So Canadians get to pick which scene we want to play in? I'm not sure who would voluntarily pick the NYC scene since SonicFox is there lmao
As a Canadian if I pick NYC or whatever and then say I managed to qualify, I would still have to take a 7-9 hour ride to somewhere in NYC then? :(

Boo to USA catering stuff :(
Sign up in a region closest to you that u can get to for regional finals. You might not know if you've qualified until last week, so from Canada to Miami would be $1000 last min which is why you don't wanna do that

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hey,

Thanks!

any idea when the regions will be announced?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Sign up in a region closest to you that u can get to for regional finals. You might not know if you've qualified until last week, so from Canada to Miami would be $1000 last min which is why you don't wanna do that
Yeah I get that. NYC and Chicago are the same distance for me so makes more sense to choose Chicago region.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Would of been nice if they picked DC. VA is stuck inbetween GA and NY.
NY being 6+ hours
GA being 8+ hours
More regions would of been cool