What's new

Wanting to start a scene. Need some brainstorming peeps

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Hey all. I've been thinking about all the great players we have in dfw and I see a very fragmented scene. Im looking for any pointers from the vets about possible selling points to get a venue on board, properly running tourneys, all that good stuff. The end game here is to have a weekly stream type situation to showcase the TX/Ok players. VSM is a very big inspiration to me in this aspect, I would love to have something like that here. Its just so daunting from the ground floor. Any input would be greatly appreciated. House casuals are fun and all, but I want to create a flagship center of MK in DFW.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Tim Static

Adminerator
[MENTION=4932]beef_supreme[/MENTION]

i apologize, but this subforum is a ghost town. Maybe post this in the MK9 general discussion?

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Are you trying to be a TO or are you trying to build a high level community like VSM? Building a successful tournament scene and uniting a community are slightly different things. One often leads to the other but starting from the ground up they often start down separate paths. I'd say it's easier to start down the path of TO and then build a community out of your regulars, just remember that you are not there to win your tournaments, it's your number 1 priority to make it as smooth and efficient as possible.