What's new

Question - Butcher Want to try butcher ,tell me smth pls

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Soooo Im looking into butcher lately and want to give him a shot . Pretty lady is great but any char like millena and he is done .

As for butcher :

I understand that b1 2 , f21d22, and f1 2 are his best and most used strings right ?
df4 is -10 with a bit of pushback on block so kinda safe ?
DB3 is his most dmg ender ?
F3 into oh hammer jump is a thing ?
What are uses of his grab ?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
122, F12, F21D2 and 22 are the strings I use most. I don't use B12 that much but since it's -4 I guess you could use it if you like.
I wouldn't rely on ending with DF4 since as you say it's -10. Just block confirm into DF2, noone seems to interrupt the gaps anyway lol.
DB3 is his most damaging ender yes.
Off of his low starter (F3) you have two best options: DF2 leaves you safe on block but knocks down on hit and doesn't do that much damage, and BD4 which is your low vortex option but is unsafe on block. Since you can't hit confirm it you either have to take the risk of F3~BD4 or just stay safe but not get the continued vortex by doing F3~DF2.
His grab can be used in the close up game to punish opponents for doing moves -6 or worse or to use as a check or to just challenge someone.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
why dont use b12 ?
Its a 15f mid , ends with low and is only -4 so safe on block , you can condition them to block low and occasionally throw a df2 after b1. Also you can do b1 u2 for combo . I dont se a reason to not use it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
why dont use b12 ?
Its a 15f mid , ends with low and is only -4 so safe on block , you can condition them to block low and occasionally throw a df2 after b1. Also you can do b1 u2 for combo . I dont se a reason to not use it.
Exactly, it's a FIFTEEN frame mid. It's not exactly the fastest thing.
It ending with a low doesn't mean anything really, you can fuzzy any overheads he can do after B1 so any "mixup" from it is a gimmick.
B1U2 should almost never be used for combos, it scales pretty badly .

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
why dont use b12 ?
The move is fine, ppl just tend to think it's bad for wrong reasons (like 15f is bad, pff).

The move is underused because
1) you can't hitconfirn from it
2) even if you are going to commit for dmg
a. you cancel into exdf2 which leaves you at -15 and have spent a bar
b. you cancel into bd4 which leaves you in -26
c. the best option is the launch string b1u2 which is -16 on block (I think) for less dmg than the rest of his combos

So, what the move is really lacking is dmg options, but it can be used as a good poke into a pseudomixup

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
His grab is very useful, 6 frames iirc. The fastest command grab in the game, i use it alot on wakeup (ex) and i use strings like b1 xx dbf1 which combo on HIT , because i'm pretty sure his grab is + on hit with different setups so it allows for mixups and pressure.

Yes f3 xx DF2 is a thing.