What's new

Walking back

Jbog

Noob
Walking back and waiting is the best strategy in nrs games period since mkx inj2 is is easily the mk9 and igau had it right with dash cancel into normals this vhasing people or playing the same boring type game is terrible fighting game.

Jbog

Noob
My apologies, i was hugely annoyed after a combat league match and ranted. What i was saying was, why is walking away so powerful in nrs games. Its annoying chasing jade players and centiron. Just like dr fate inj2. Can be done with all or most characters in nrs titles.

Jbog

Noob
Run button fixed this in mkx, but then nrs came up with retarded 50/50 antics! Can they ever make a fun playing game like mk9 or igau!!! They were full of flaws but fun factor was off the charts!

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Walking back was by far it's most oppressive in injustice 1 (and this is coming from someone who adores that game). Walking back is always gonna be good in nrs games because they don't have proximity guard but dash canceling does let you cover enough ground to deal with it in this game.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
At the point we criticize walking as a flawed mechanic, don't we just have to say "we don't like fighting games"?

At the end of the day, no arrangement of system mechanics is going get you around the fact that other players aren't going to just let you run in and whack buttons all day. At some point you have to deal with fact that you are going to have to think about your opponent's options and the things they are going to try to do to get out letting you do whatever it is you are trying to do.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Run button fixed this in mkx, but then nrs came up with (soap bar in my mouth) 50/50 antics! Can they ever make a fun playing game like mk9 or igau!!! They were full of flaws but fun factor was off the charts!
IGAU was literally the game where walking back was most powerful. Remember Aquaman? That’s literally what he did. And there was no MB roll.

Gaxkang

Banned
At the point we criticize walking as a flawed mechanic, don't we just have to say "we don't like fighting games"?

At the end of the day, no arrangement of system mechanics is going get you around the fact that other players aren't going to just let you run in and whack buttons all day. At some point you have to deal with fact that you are going to have to think about your opponent's options and the things they are going to try to do to get out letting you do whatever it is you are trying to do.
How movement works in a fighting game can be something to examine or praise or criticize. Tho perhaps how movement works is connected up with how the game otherwise plays.

But yeah the game wants crabwalking rather than jumping, and against oppressive zoning counterpick with teleport if one wants to totally counter it, etc.