What's new

Strategy - Unbreakable Walk back

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I've found that walking backwards is a good way to whiff punish with the parry , most ppl jump in like crazy and always input there follow up combos in mid air , I've noticed I'm getting good results with walking back just enough to clear their jip/jik and then parry.
At most distances you have to be already walking back befor they jump to make them whiff the ji

In my experience the easiest way to win in MK is a combination of blocking opponents attacks and landing attacks in a highly damaging system I've dubbed "combination attacks". Mix it in with moving both backward and forward(on the ground AND in the air) and the games pretty much won.

gam224

The world's least hype player
I find projectiles such as kitana 's fans are good at keeping opponents away and doing damage from afar.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Wow, didn't know everyone on TYM thought parroting the same trite quip makes them all clever. I think the OP gets it now, eh?
Are you kidding? we always do this, wake up. also wakeup attacks are a good way to catch your opponent off guard if they're trying to continue pressure provided you have armour.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I've found that walking backwards is a good way to whiff punish with the parry , most ppl jump in like crazy and always input there follow up combos in mid air , I've noticed I'm getting good results with walking back just enough to clear their jip/jik and then parry.
At most distances you have to be already walking back befor they jump to make them whiff the ji
Good observation and well put. Thanks for posting

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yup, this is the shit that is making it so I don't even want to be a part of these forums any more.

The guy posted a strategy that has worked for him and could damn sure work for others and is a nice little tidbit to keep around to keep your opponent honest and catch them if they do silly shit or.try to.auto-polite you and he his reward is a.bunch of people wanting to sound superior being rude and hateful for zero reason.

He didn't claim tonhave discovered some kind of EVO winning.tech, he just posted a viable and useful little piece of strategy.

If F0xy had posted Strategy: I like to jump back 2 because it hurts gud, he'd have gotten likes and praise and people expounding on the idea and such.

Grow the fuck up. Jesus.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
This dude is steadily laying out solid fundamentals for Sub Zero players. There's a character walk/ run speed thread on these boards somewhere. If I remember correctly, SZ's walk back speed is actually pretty low. Compare it to Jacqui's (fastest walk forward/ back speed) and use accordingly.

Good info to know though. Between walk speeds and good normals, this can dictate how a match up is likely to go before it starts.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/what-character-has-the-fastest-run-walk-speed.52787/

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
What made me make a thread is the fact that gm and cryo don't benifit from this kind of footsies , cryo has mix ups and with gm the whole point is to push them not backtrack , so I've never really thought to just back myself into the corner , just looking for honest opinions on if it's feasible to stay walking back the whole match like FA jacquis do

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
All variations benefit from space control. You could argue Cryo benefits most due to the damage he could deal after. I specifically land a "walk back (opp. whiffs jip) b12 trip guard" set up, pretty often. Walk back > slide and walk back > d4 work fairly well for me as well.