What's new

Strategy Wakup Flash

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I try to wake up glow and en-glow all the time. Although ill get a standing 3 sometimes. I think its a bit more rewarding if u wake up with ex glow because if the opponent is fishing for heavy rushdown pressure after a wake up u can just stop it all together and deliver ur big punish combo. I feel sometimes the wake up glow/en glow is almost gdlk. And yet somewhat under used.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Even normal flash can grant enough invincibility to quickly do a 2~bnb or 3~bnb.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ooo I need to practice the timing for this. Will definitely make waking up wayyyyy easier.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Ooo I need to practice the timing for this. Will definitely make waking up wayyyyy easier.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
It's a justframe. Just go into practice mode, get knocked down by expert comp, and try to get it right.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
It's useful especially against characters who throw a projectile after Jade knockdowns, Kabal Ground Saws is the first one that comes to mind

Espio

Kokomo
It's useful especially against characters who throw a projectile after Jade knockdowns, Kabal Ground Saws is the first one that comes to mind
So much this, making someone whiff a projectile and getting that 30+% combo is the best feeling ever <3.

Sometimes i use this property when the opponent jumps over me on the wakeup and i use the invinsibility frames of Staff Slam for beating this.

Espio

Kokomo
...stops x-rays.
I'd love to see this expanded upon in video, making people whiff their fancy normals and specials with glow/flash is awesome, making them whiff their x-ray is interesting/impressive.

It would be great to see someone get footage of this.

Espio

Kokomo
ummm.... what if i just d3 your flash wakeup? won't all of your follow ups just whiff?
You could counter with your own down 3 and gain advantage.

Staff overhead hops over pokes as I've done with even long range down 4's, down 3's are even easier to do it against.

Standing 4 into special of choice or forward 3.

flash and walk back and execute back 2 into 25% combo.

If you mix it up well enough you can check a lot of those low poke counters and them respect your options, there's more than what I listed, but that's just a general sample.