What's new

Waking up with Sektor

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
No this isn't a cyborg seduction thread.

Do you have information on his wakeups....... specifically invincibility frames? I find it harder to get out of the corner vs some opponents (Cage/Sub/Cyber Sub) than others.

I think flamethrower has some inv frames on wakeup right? Really unsure of the TU, it seems hit and miss and I don't always have meter for the EX TU.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
No this isn't a cyborg seduction thread.

Do you have information on his wakeups....... specifically invincibility frames? I find it harder to get out of the corner vs some opponents (Cage/Sub/Cyber Sub) than others.

I think flamethrower has some inv frames on wakeup right? Really unsure of the TU, it seems hit and miss and I don't always have meter for the EX TU.
I stoped using wake ups with sektor long time a go..........they seems to be usless. D1 it works not so bad.......It is a good thread...I will be cheking it to see what good Sektor players will recomend.......

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeah don't do them. The only wakeup you can do reliably is an exTU when the opponent is trying to jump in on you while you're on the ground. That's it really. F'in sucks.

Sometimes flamethrower works, sometimes it doesnt. It's too risky to use. Even if it does work, you will get stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey (or kim kardashian, if you will) by any fast advancing specials.

All wake-ups have invincibility frames when done properly. However, Sektor's are so slow that it doesn't really matter, though the situation is a lot better than it was pre-patch.

The only wake-up worth doing is flameburner, and that's only if your opponent is in the air for some reason or they're far enough away that it hits them on the outer cusp of the hitbox, and that's more to control space than to do damage. If you're being pressured after knock down, doing wake-ups will make the situation much worse unless you get extremely lucky.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah...Sektor still gets bullied like crazy on wakeup. The change hardly applies to him. Flamethrower's too slow and doesn't get the invincibility frames, TU and upward missile are all far too punishable; missile is the only wakeup I can see being slightly viable when bullied. Flame can catch someone trying to jump in on you on wakeup, if it hits, which is a maybe. All his wakeups are circumstantial.

I like Sektor a lot, he's a fun character, but damn it...he need some stuff. *cough* less reliance on meter and maybe a safe on block EX TU?!

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah...Sektor still gets bullied like crazy on wakeup. The change hardly applies to him. Flamethrower's too slow and doesn't get the invincibility frames, TU and upward missile are all far too punishable; missile is the only wakeup I can see being slightly viable when bullied. Flame can catch someone trying to jump in on you on wakeup, if it hits, which is a maybe. All his wakeups are circumstantial.

I like Sektor a lot, he's a fun character, but damn it...he need some stuff. *cough* less reliance on meter and maybe a safe on block EX TU?!
Thought ex teleport was safe but minus on block?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
When someone is jumping in on me I almost always get the correct amount of invincibility frames for an EXtu. So far flamethrower has never worked for me on wake up - so it's out of my move list.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
What timing are you using?
Got vids?

When I first started using Sektor, I didn't even know Ex tu wakeup existed because it never worked for me.
I've been just eating the chip and d3, b1 or d3,1 or jumpback instant jk into ex tp if I could squeeze it in.

I do realize why they made his EX tu armor so bad, but it could be better without causing bs imo.
The wakeup sure as shit doesn't work very well when I need it the most and only puts me in a much worse position for trying.
I don't have any good footage of my wake up stuff, but what's been working for me is to tech roll backwards; if I notice the opponent in the air, I EXtu and I almost always (99%) have enough time to get it off with invincibility.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
ex flamethrower should have like 10 frames of wake up invincibility to make it not useless

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
ill refer you to swift tom hanks' sektor tutorial :D
Exactly.

Wasn't it agreed that robots don't sleep ergo don't wake up?

NRS with their mechanics changes/buffs/nerfs make me learn and forget stuff (like with everything else in life) which in turn gives me a brainache. *salty tears*

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
i've had success in the past with a regular flamethrower on wakeup, in a situation when you're nearly dead and the opponent thinks they can harass you with chip when you have no meter can make the regular flame a pretty decent wakeup tool, especially when you have nothing to lose by doing it. Don't risk it all the time mind. It's only really effective when you have no meter and are nearly dead, it works as a surprise attack in a lot of cases. It has a few frames on invincibility.

EXTU seems to be less and less successful the more i use it, sometimes it's worth throwing out but sometimes blocking is the best thing to do, depends on who you're against.