What's new

Question Wake ups

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Alright guys im having problems when getting rushed down

What do you guys use when waking up?

Red dash is the only thing that seems worth using as everything else is punishable on block but i get hit out of it quite often, so it seems i have to use meter to get safe.

Any ideas?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah, so just watch what your opponent does. Nothing is 100% safe in that game ^^

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
If you have the meter to spare, I'd probs say EX RD into w/e you want.. The armor helps. otherwise normal RD or TP i think, both not the best though.. But work with what you got eh :)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
If you have the meter to spare, I'd probs say EX RD into w/e you want.. The armour helps. otherwise normal RD or TP i think, both not the best though.. But work with what you got eh :)
{EX} Downslash (db2) is a nice wake-up now that they've normalized the invincibility frames a little bit. Depending on what they're pressuring you with, a normal db2 can save you and knock them up, or like CSB said a Red Dash (df3) can get you out of a lot of situations where they're trying to land a JIP on you.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Don't forget that you can just block and decide a little later what to do. You have a 6 frame jab so don't be afraid to low poke em to get out of the pressure also. I got to play against TS Sabin for about an hour yesterday, and that dude had so many great reads on what I would want to do to wake up, that at times the best option became waiting and reacting. My point is just that at a high level you will have to use all of your tools including blocking and poking, and even though just blocking or a low poke aren't flashy combo starters they might give you just a enough window to impose your will on your opponent later.