What's new

Question - D'Vorah Wake ups/Punishing

Can anyone help me with wake ups and punishing in general? I've gotten the BnBs down pretty well, I just can't seem to execute a punish online/vs. When I block a string/combo and begin my own, its almost always quite slow and by time I'm throwing out an attack my opponent is either back dashing or starting (and beating me to) a combo of his own. If I try a wake up db3 it seems like it takes forever. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

redeyes

Button Masher
find out what your string / their strings are on block, its usually not best to go for a block string after blocking their (unless theyre like -5 or more)

youre gonna wana most likely poke or armor if they like to poke.

also wake ups need armor now to be useful, so ur db3 would also have to be MB'd to be useful (idk much d'vorah so idk if that is her good wake up)

but yeah this is just the just of things.

work on knowing the start of frames of most of your normals as well as block adv on your block strings, if you keep losing to 1 string, just look how + or - it is after that game and figure out a way around it.

Online punishing is quite hard (at least with my connection it has always been), offline you just have to know what you can punish and what you can use to punish it (let's say your opponent just used a special that leaves him at -9 in front of your character, you'll be able to punish it with 11B2 but not with F44) and mind that using a combo in a real match will always be harder than performing the same combo in the lab.

Thanks a lot for the quick replies! I've had no trouble pulling off combos online for the most part, I guess i'm just going to have to start learning frames and such to punish after blocking, it is still a bit confusing to me.